"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,looks cool,but i bought a 71 westy a couple of months ago,also a californian import.Can you give any advice on the telly set up?Cheers.

mpjeffs said:
Thanks,looks cool,but i bought a 71 westy a couple of months ago,also a californian import.Can you give any advice on the telly set up?Cheers.

its an lcd/dvd tablet, on a fold down lcd mount

runs on 12v, thru a 12v cig socket under the bed

i love holidays, been messing about on rolling roads and getting oily..................lol

initially failed the mot on brakes a few bits, like illegal number plates, dodgy indicator stalk etc. Work done by dubz by dan, and a quick retest and we past

yesterdays trip to the rolling road

took her up for a tune up, air leak on the left maniford, so that had to come off, new gasket on,then some fiddling.

ran out of time so back there friday for a final tune. Now running 32mm chkes, 200 air correctors, 145 mains, 55 idle, still running rich, so will try a bigger air corrector friday. All being done by a local carb guru not me, im just passing spanners

quick power run, showed 65bhp @ 4000rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XprU3...eature=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

added a CB wide glide sump today for extra oil capacity/cooling

gives me an extra 2ltrs of oil

P1020911.jpg

I'd try jetting down your mains rather than increase your main airs any more Gary.

Slammed said:
I'd try jetting down your mains rather than increase your main airs any more Gary.

kept the airs, main jets down to 125, idles at 55

solid 70bhp at approx 5000 rpm :mrgreen:

old school rolling road, im told if anything it reads a little low 8)

slammedresto said:
Slammed said:

kept the airs, main jets down to 125, idles at 55

solid 70bhp at approx 5000 rpm :mrgreen:

old school rolling road, im told if anything it reads a little low 8)

Good man, knew you'd get there! 8)

slammedresto said:
ran out of time so back there friday for a final tune. Now running 32mm chkes, 200 air correctors, 145 mains, 55 idle, still running rich, so will try a bigger air corrector friday. All being done by a local carb guru not me, im just passing spanners

Had a quick look back through the thread bt couldn't see engine specs. What are they?

Cheers

Hi mate love the bus :D Do you know what you measurement from bolt to bolt is on your shock when they are open and then when they are closed?

Chris

VeeDubMan said:
slammedresto said:

Had a quick look back through the thread bt couldn't see engine specs. What are they?

Cheers

its 1904cc with 90.5 piston and 74mm crankshaft, twin weber 40s

full spec

CB lightweight 8 dowelled flywheel
CB Uni tec Race Con rods 5.4 length
CB 30 mm heavy duty oil pump with full flow cover
MAHLE forged pistons
VW 040 HEADS ported and polished , fitted with stainless steel valves and single heavy duty springs
Chromoly head studs
STEEL SCAT push rods
ENGLE 120 CAMSHAFT
ENGLE lightweight followers
SCAT alloy cam gear
VW rocker covers
SCAT swivel foot adjuster s

chrisritchie said:
Hi mate love the bus :D Do you know what you measurement from bolt to bolt is on your shock when they are open and then when they are closed?

Chris

no ideas, sorry, need to measure em some time tho, as they need upgrading soon

wibbler said:
Love the toolbox 8) is the picture of the van done freehand?

its a stencil 8)

surfbus said:
Are you happy with the CB wide glide sump (2ltrs)?
I'am thinking of putting an oilsump on my 1641 cc when it's coming out for a set of webers..

seems fine so far, extra oil is always good

Hi, stunning Bus mate.

Just a random question which may have been answered earlier, but is the colour Pearl white??? the line up of white ones at Action has some which are a slightly different shade.

Thanks

Stu

After a drama with running summer oil in winter conditions,its now up and running again. Blew the seal on my remote oil filter running 20/50 summer oil. After changing to 10/40 and swapping the golf filter for a new Fram it seems to be okay again

Left her out last night, and woke to a light dusting of snow

forgot to put her away in the garage last night, nice dusting of snow

she gonna have a full featuring coming out in next months vw camper and commercial, so im well happy, some really cool pics taken by Julian from KK for the feature

heres a few i took today

S5001871.jpg

S5001873.jpg

S5001872.jpg

Had a photoshoot for VW Camper and Commercial, feature just came out in the jan/feb edition, just in time for the potential new owners to see it :roll: :lol:

S5002003.jpg

S5002006.jpg

S5002011.jpg

Latest posts