The scratch and sniff 71 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers lads I actually saw the bloke from the bodyshop he popped over! I'd slightly calmed down by this point spoke to him and he's going to have it back in in a fortnight or so and finish the doors and pop top then rectify his mistakes that he openly admitted to and then give it a good polish! Austins over tomorrow to lend a hand to put the engine back in! Happy things are getting sorted and can finally get things back together!

*Sam* said:
Bad times man I hope you get it sorted I take they just forgot to paint the inside of the van ? !!!
Crazy how bad a job someone can do.

Haha no mate leaving the inside for good reasons! Keep your eyes pealed!! Paint on the outside sucks imperfections bubbles loads of shit!

Gutted :(
So big of him to admit his mistakes also...............tosser :evil:

Really feel for you and I hope it does get sorted (this is why I will be spraying my van myself) and soon

gninnam said:
Gutted :(
So big of him to admit his mistakes also...............tosser :evil:

Really feel for you and I hope it does get sorted (this is why I will be spraying my van myself) and soon

Thanks mate, glad he's admitted it too! At least I won't have to pay for his mistakes. Fingers crossed that's all my bad luck!!

He will sort it or we will do him! Lol haha yes interior unpainted will all come to light ;) see you tomorrow!

How do companies get away with it is beyond me!?
.... but they want the money upfront most of the time.

Shocking service. .... but will get sorted no doubt!
Keep it together like Foz said and stay cool, they need to finish what they started.

Keep the faith. 8)

Welcomed by my new girlfriend this morning

Austin popped over to lend a hand tonight! Got the engine/gearbox/ drive shafts and tank back in

About 1" or so space between the drive shafts and chassis

Popped the windscreen in

Makes me want it done even more now :(

Front needs lowering more really badly too!

Really have fallen in love with this colour

I think a nice set of polished slotted mags, or the good old fusch (chromed with black inserts) would set that paintwork off a treat!
:cool:

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Foz said:
I think a nice set of polished slotted mags, or the good old fusch (chromed with black inserts) would set that paintwork off a treat!
:cool:

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Unsure on my wheel choise at the moment happy with black steels for the mo. Wheels are last on the list. But I do love a bit of wide 5's we will see ;) whatever makes it looks as epic as the rest is the plan :)

Hi Myles

Only just caught up with this thread, shit you are not having much luck with that paintshop (thats why I won't touch it :lol: :lol: ). Hope it gets sorted, hard to tell from the photos but did you plump for Brilliant Blue in the end?

Looking at the last photo I think I preferred the green hammerite look its started with :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts