Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got brm alloys with 185/65 15s. 112 pcd. Now got t'haus spindles n adjusters on std beam. Am I right in thinking leaving the 185/65 15s on the rear n dropping a spline & 175/55 15s up front? This seems a common setup, but what load rating do I need up front? Cheers and any tyre recommendation appreciated.

Stock Wheels - Hankook RA08 185R14 - 2.5 drop Spindles
photo1yto.jpg

Front
Red9 Ez Coilover kit 2-4" & Wagenwest 2.5" Dropped Spindles
175/55 R15
Splitty 15" Steels

Rear
Horseshoe plates
185/65 R15
Splitty 15" Steels

The coilover still have about half an inch left to go lower

IMG_0330.jpg

Transporterhaus Dropped Spindles & Horseshoe plates on the rear. Running 195/75/14s and getting some serious rubbage on the front...
There's only an inch of clearance between the tyre and arch. Undriveable at the moment, where do i go from here? Gotta keep the 14 inch steels too!

Before
DSCF3550.jpg

After
2012-04-28185207.jpg

Telford Mulisha said:
Transporterhaus Dropped Spindles & Horseshoe plates on the rear. Running 195/75/14s and getting some serious rubbage on the front...
There's only an inch of clearance between the tyre and arch. Undriveable at the moment, where do i go from here? Gotta keep the 14 inch steels too!

Before
DSCF3550.jpg

After
2012-04-28185207.jpg

'search'! :msn4: how much time you got? Plenty to read on this subject :D
Although I found it quicker to just put it back to standard :lol:

02671b0f-0f28-9b24.jpg

Here's mine: standard beam with a Fosky adjuster at it's lowest setting and T2D slam-shocks up front then just a 1 spline twist at the back with KYB gas-adjust shocks. Tyres are 165/70 14's & 195/70 14's accordingly.

Will be getting 165/55 14's for the front soon as I do get some rubbing if 1 of my fat mates is in the front.

Telford Mulisha said:

I've got the same dropped spindles and wheels on mine. 175/65 R14 tyres and GSF coilover shocks seem to have sorted it. There are pics back on page 15 of this thread.

Same as, Drop spindles on the front, Horseshoes on the rear. KYB Gas shocks 205/70-14 on the rear and 185/60-14 on the front. Keeping it like this till i get my porsche set up sorted (rear drilled hubs/adapters on the front but want cookies so need to get my 944 hubs sorted with disk spindles - cheaply)

Will try and get a pic up shortly

After running stock heigh for the last 5 years I was considering lowering with spindles and coilovers

On reading this thread and looking the costs involved for the sake of a few inches im staying stock

I love the look of a lowered bus but id put practicallity over aeshetic's

Just my oppinion though

spain17.jpg

Andy's van said:
After running stock heigh for the last 5 years I was considering lowering with spindles and coilovers

On reading this thread and looking the costs involved for the sake of a few inches im staying stock

Just my oppinion though

spain17.jpg

Couldn't agree more :D

Andy's van said:

Just my oppinion though

spain17.jpg

very sensible - mine is lowered but it was at considerable expense [not yet finished] and wasn't easy, there have been tyre rubbing harsh ride moments during the transformation I was tempted to return...its taken awhile and good advice off here to get a smooth ride and be safe...

although I have been reading lots of rear narrowing articles and notches!! :lol:

Quick update fella's, put the coilovers on from GSF (part no. 455VG0850) cost £70 for the pair. Hit the roundabouts faster than usual and hit some potholes and sunken drains and no touching cloth yet :D .... The van is still loaded from the bus-types a fortnight ago, just missing the misses & kids. So it's looking good.
Great info on this site lads, thanks for all the helpful posts.
2012-05-04114937.jpg

2012-05-04113139.jpg

Not sure what the stance will be yet but this is my set up

FRONT - Slamwerks 4 1/2 narrow king and link beam with flipped spindles 165/50/15 (getting notches soon)
REAR - horseshoe plates with 185/65/15 (no notches planned)
WHEELS - Flat4 BRM 5J

Not sure on shocks yet

Think this is going to be much lower than i originally planned but hey ho :mrgreen:

minty said:
Finally out and about...
New front tyres are 175/60 r 14, bf goodrich, they seem pretty strong and no rubbing (yet)
2v9qc84.jpg

2eex11i.jpg

34pzwhd.jpg

Cheers! 8)

Martin, you've been running around for a few months with this set up .
Is it all still OK or have you had noticed any problems along the way. ?

I've got most of the gear for similar lowering job - just being a tart really and looking for a bit reassurance :oops:

Martin, you've been running around for a few months with this set up .
Is it all still OK or have you had noticed any problems along the way. ?

It is a big improvement on riding on adjusters, really smooth, no banging.. But there was still a bit of rubbing when loaded up, my beam is at its max height on the adjusters so It had to work! Fitted these spring assisters to help firm things up a bit and they have made. Big difference for not a lot of money..
3dg7m.jpg

They work well, but I think I need some sort of bump stop as mine have been removed. All in all, it's getting there..

Martin

Great thread this!

Here's mine. Red9design front beam and rear ride plates/shocks. Not slammed but low enough for me! No scraping, comfy ride and handles pretty good for a brick :)

Beam going in:

Latest posts