Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this thread goes back a ways! Here's a shot of mine, 16 x 5.5 & 16 x 6 911 fuchs. Van tyres (over weighties). 5x130 PCD
4171855879d24f18fc4c40ebfbd69ccc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humphrey said:
Wow this thread goes back a ways! Here's a shot of mine, 16 x 5.5 & 16 x 6 911 fuchs. Van tyres (over weighties). 5x130 PCD

Did you buy the wheels new? This is the exact wheels I've been looking for, what suspension set up are you running, the van looks spot on!!!

Humphrey said:

Nice :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Did you buy the wheels new? This is the exact wheels I've been looking for, what suspension set up are you running, the van looks spot on!!![/quote]

Thanks pal. No I bought them used from a fella who was running them on his samba. Suspension is red9 wishbone front, and red9 ride plates rear with spax adjustable gas shocks. I'm still working on getting it just right. I think lower profile tyres on the front will look a bit better.

I have decided to run 165/65/14's at the front though worried about load ratings. Blackcircle show the index load rating as 79 which is only 437KG, a lot less than stock. Any thoughts?

dublicious said:
I have decided to run 165/65/14's at the front though worried about load ratings. Blackcircle show the index load rating as 79 which is only 437KG, a lot less than stock. Any thoughts?

I am running 145/65/15 72's= maximum of 355kg per tyre on my fronts and have been for over 12 months and 1000's of miles through the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and beyond with no issues whatsoever.Tyres are in perfect condition, no cuts/bulges or tread damage and the ride is great.

Although I understand peoples concerns with running the correct load rated tyres I haven't had a single issue - nor for that matter heard of any issues from anyone else running "below spec" tyres. Get the tyres and enjoy the bus!

I have some brigdestone 165/65/14 being fitted by etyres tomorrow :) hopefully get me torsion arms sorted Thursday and can start put the bus back together again :)

Cheers

StuF said:
dublicious said:

I am running 145/65/15 72's= maximum of 355kg per tyre on my fronts and have been for over 12 months and 1000's of miles through the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and beyond with no issues whatsoever.Tyres are in perfect condition, no cuts/bulges or tread damage and the ride is great.

Although I understand peoples concerns with running the correct load rated tyres I haven't had a single issue - nor for that matter heard of any issues from anyone else running "below spec" tyres. Get the tyres and enjoy the bus!

After much chopping & changing now running a full "Frenchslammer" front set up with Adjustable Spax shocks by Graham @ Midland Early Bay 175/55/15 Fronts 195/65/15 Rears going to change soon too 15inch Splitty wheels & 165/50/15 Front 8) tyres

Cheers cunning plan, we were in there for dinner after taking my son to the ride on steam trains at Delaprea for is 4th birthday.
Were you with the edition 38 lot ?

Ahh ok, I only live down the road in near Milton Keynes, are you local ?

69 Westy said:

After much chopping & changing now running a full "Frenchslammer" front set up with Adjustable Spax shocks by Graham @ Midland Early Bay 175/55/15 Fronts 195/65/15 Rears going to change soon too 15inch Splitty wheels & 165/50/15 Front 8) tyres

Damn, this bus is perfect.

I bought my 76 Tintop already dropped so I'm not sure what make my parts are.
Do any of you guys experience a bad pull to either side when going over bumps or irregular pavement?
I've been told that I need to flip my tie rods?
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!

Latest posts