Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faux said:
You said you wanted Earlies!

Here is my old very, very Early (April 52) bus :mrgreen:
195/65/15's on rear and 145/65/15's front
ap14.jpg

only just noticed this i remember selling this at KK all those many many moons ago... thats if its the same one bloody looks it though uber cool barndoor :)

This is sitting is on 205/40r17 tyres on its 3rd year and last as the roads dont seem to get re-surfaced anymore around me.

Need some advise guys...

Want to go back to original 15inch steelies but get them banded so more of a deeper dish to them..

Current set up:
4" narrowed Wagenwest beam with Transporterhaus dropped spindles and Gabriel HiJacker Air front shocks.
Transporterhaus horse shoe plates on rear

Is it possible to band the outer rim, if does anyone have any suggestions?

SystemsWorks1969 said:
Need some advise guys...

Want to go back to original 15inch steelies but get them banded so more of a deeper dish to them..

Current set up:
4" narrowed Wagenwest beam with Transporterhaus dropped spindles and Gabriel HiJacker Air front shocks.
Transporterhaus horse shoe plates on rear

Is it possible to band the outer rim, if does anyone have any suggestions?

It is possible. I had it done for my single cab over here is Aus.
You can go for a drop centre band and take the rims up to 15" diameter if you want.

Hi everyone,

I think it's the right thread for my question and I don't open a new one :)
So, I'm working on my 71 pre early bay and I'm at the lowering procedure now.
I bought the lowering kit from red9design. Standard width beam and 4"-5.5" EZ coilover for the front and 4" dropped spring plates for the rear.
Tire size is 185/60 R14 all around.
We have a problem fitting the wheel on the rear because there is not enough space between the drum and the wheel arch to rock it in position. Not much missing but enough. What's the solution can be?
I talked to red9design and they said to grind off the botom stop of the spring plate and it will give enough drop for the hub to be able to put the wheel on. Did anyone do it and worked? Is there any other method to be able to do it and change wheels any tyme without bigger assembly?
I saw many radically lowered bays and I was always wondering how they sorted out this issue. :)

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

A5H said:
Around 3" drop on adjusters at the front and adjustable springplates rear. 15" split rims with 185/60/15 front and 195/70/15 rear

Not nearly as low as some, but perfect for me :D
Beauty :roll:

Now rolling 15inch Splitty Wheels with 185/65 Banded 5.5 Rears & 165/55 4.5 Fronts bit more of a retro look then the sprint stars i had previously :eek:

DreadHead said:
Hi everyone,

I bought the lowering kit from red9design. Standard width beam and 4"-5.5" EZ coilover for the front and 4" dropped spring plates for the rear.
We have a problem fitting the wheel on the rear because there is not enough space between the drum and the wheel arch to rock it in position. Not much missing but enough. What's the solution can be?
I talked to red9design and they said to grind off the botom stop of the spring plate and it will give enough drop for the hub to be able to put the wheel on. Did anyone do it and worked? Is there any other method to be able to do it and change wheels any tyme without bigger assembly?
I saw many radically lowered bays and I was always wondering how they sorted out this issue. :)

Bin the fixed springplates and get a set of adjustable ones from Transporterhaus, or T2D, etc.
It's still a ballache to remove the rear wheel though, even after removing the lower shock bolt.

15rzhnr.jpg

Porsche 944 disc brakes allround.

Dropped spindles in front running 175/65/15 on 6J cookie cutters.
Horse shoe plates in the back running 185/65/15 on 6J cookie cutters.

Love the stance :p , it still needs gas shocks in front though, cause right now on oil I'm hitting the chassis.

Dread head - try this bloke. His drop plates make wheel changes feasible. http://freshkustoms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dread head - try this bloke. His drop plates make wheel changes feasible. http://freshkustoms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DreadHead said:
Hi everyone,

I Notched my spring plates, before on the right, after on the left, my van is quite low and iI can remove the wheels no problem at all they have been on there 6 years and done thousands of miles.

I can finally add mine to this thread.
It's only taken 6 years :roll:

Anyway her we are
9A193DE0-62AE-4A6C-8E55-725B81FD0828_zps9te2sq5k.jpg

CF769DC5-F38C-4822-8527-2DAE57F6F475_zps5xgvgcev.jpg

1FBB5AB9-9617-477E-BA1E-D2B8D17ACC40_zpspxoc4flh.jpg

Front:
Stock width 64 split beam.
WW flipped 3.5 dropped spindles
Stock shocks
Stock Steels on 185/65R14

Rear:
Kicked adjustable spring plates
Stock shocks
Stock steels on 185R 14 tyres

I have got some horseshoe plates that I'm gonna fit to drop the back eventually when I can afford some new shorter shocks.

Keeping my ex-panel van 'commercial looking' on Merc 15" steels here :msn4:

Front - lowered on beam adjusters, bump stops removed and sitting on 185/60 x 15 Toyo Proxes (speedo reads 5mph fast)

Rear - lowered on T/haus adjustable springplates and sits on 195/65 x 15 Toyo NanoEnergy

The ride is not too bad, still looks badass enough for a family man with 3 kids :party0048:
Whaddya think?

Nobbly....

May be a stupid question, but why do people tend to fit smaller tyres on front? My current set up is 185/65x15 rear and front, but the norm seems to be 175/55x15 on front? Got some new wheels and want to be sure of tyre size before buying. I have got a CE narrowed beam and rear adj spring plates for reference.

Latest posts