Vintage Speed exhaust

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHILDSEY

Reaction score
Hi all, I need a new exhaust and have a few questions .
Is it possible to run a vintage speed exhaust with heat exchangers ?
Do's it need a header?
And finally what's the cost?
Thanks Paul.

Thinking about maybe getting one of these too - but have heat exchangers and a tow bar so didn't think it would fit!
They do look and sound brilliant though 8)

StuF said:
Thinking about maybe getting one of these too - but have heat exchangers and a tow bar so didn't think it would fit!
They do look and sound brilliant though 8)

You're not wrong stu the sound is brilliant 8)

With a tow bar you need the side exit tailpipe like sparkywigs, the hideaway tailpipe like mine runs too close to the bumper to allow the towbar to fit :?

Hi Guys
Let me know what you need, I do the best deals, if you have a towbar opt for the standard tailpipe, if its low go for the hidden, if you have a mild motor go for the sport muffler,don't forget if you run a single stock carb you will need the pre-heat option, with twin carbs you don't need it, these all work with heat exchangers or J tubes.
If you need J tubes go for the flanged ones for a better fit, I can also supply the flange adapters.
If you need any more info contact me during the weekdays.
Cheers
Dan.

Thanks for all your replies :D
I'm running a stock 1600 engine and single carb.
Dan , i'll give you a ring in the week, are you trading at Volksworld show, as ill be there Saturday with my van.
Cheers Paul.

Had mine nearly 2yrs now, absolutely fantastic bit of kit and would recommend them to anyone, a doddle to fit and mines runs heat exchangers and van has towbar, no clearance issues.

dormy72 said:
Had mine nearly 2yrs now, absolutely fantastic bit of kit and would recommend them to anyone, a doddle to fit and mines runs heat exchangers and van has towbar, no clearance issues.

Do you have to remove the towbar and rear bumper to install the exhaust? Or is it possible to do without removing them?

StuF said:
dormy72 said:

Do you have to remove the towbar and rear bumper to install the exhaust? Or is it possible to do without removing them?

It's easier to remove them and the valance when fitting the exhaust.

Cheers Sparky - wouldn't be easier for me doing it on my own in the garage. :msn4:
Guess you can still install one of these exhausts without removing everything even if it's a bit trickier

dormy72 said:
Have you got the standard tail pipe or hidden one?
I've ordered standard version , as prefered look of this one.
Cheers Paul

rpp123456 said:
Anyone got a clip of how one sounds fitted?

Mine is the superflow version, this clip is my first outing with it on bus :D

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o534/Earlybay1968/IMG_2498.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Video)

To reiterate what Dan says. If you plan to fit a towbar then you need to go for the standard outlet pipe, the hidden pipe version will not fit (as I found out).

It would be very tricky to it with towbar and valance in situ, I removed both to fit mine : on my own) .

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts