Vintage Speed exhaust

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StuF said:
Do you have to remove the towbar and rear bumper to install the exhaust? Or is it possible to do without removing them?

Just the valance. Deffo no need to remove the bumper.

StuF said:
dormy72 said:
Had mine nearly 2yrs now, absolutely fantastic bit of kit and would recommend them to anyone, a doddle to fit and mines runs heat exchangers and van has towbar, no clearance issues.

Do you have to remove the towbar and rear bumper to install the exhaust? Or is it possible to do without removing them?

Mines the standard and no didn't need to remove anything to install it, piece of cake as the saying goes.

CHILDSEY said:
dormy72 said:
Had mine nearly 2yrs now, absolutely fantastic bit of kit and would recommend them to anyone, a doddle to fit and mines runs heat exchangers and van has towbar, no clearance issues.
Have you got the standard tail pipe or hidden one?
I've ordered standard version , as prefered look of this one.
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul
Mine s the standard tail pipe, no clearance issues and didn't need to remove bumper or towbar, it really was a piece of cake to fit.
Cheer Dave

sparkywig said:
Trikky2 said:
StuF said:

Just the valance. Deffo no need to remove the bumper.

I can't get my valance off without removing the bumper.

As mine is a 72 crossover the rear valance can't be removed, I also run twin carbs so no pre heat risers, why do you need to remove the valance?

dormy72 said:
As mine is a 72 crossover the rear valance can't be removed, I also run twin carbs so no pre heat risers, why do you need to remove the valance?

Just for access really, it's a lot easier to reach the exhaust studs and fiddle with the heat exchanger connections over the moustache bar.

Bigbear said:
Should you receive the small gaskets for the heat risers with the kit?

If you ordered one with heat risers, then yes.

sparkywig said:
dormy72 said:

Just for access really, it's a lot easier to reach the exhaust studs and fiddle with the heat exchanger connections over the moustache bar.

Bigbear said:
Should you receive the small gaskets for the heat risers with the kit?

If you ordered one with heat risers, then yes.

the smaller part should have had the gaskets including then? I thought so.

And should the air hoses just fit like this now then?

Max Power said:
Thats how I fitted my air hose.If you had a gasket set for the engine the riser gaskets should be with that?

Unfortunately they wasn't included in the pack!

Hi.
I'm sorry but those small gaskets don't come in the kit as the heat risers are an option, I will tell the factory they should include them, they are easily available or you could make one if stuck.
Not much help but best I can do.
Cheers.
Dan.

My old exhaust has started blowing , so I've just ordered a Vintage Speed muffler from Vintage Dan. Really helpful on the phone and a better deal than elsewhere

Mine arrived this morning and am fitting it now! Looks awesome!

Mine has been on for a couple of weeks now! Love it and its a perfect fit!

We were really lucky as Boris came with one installed.
Nice sound and not to much that Mrs complained.

J & P

Latest posts