Volksworld Show 08 - Please note Updated March 22nd 2008

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I picked up some rear tyres tonight, so new boots all round this weekend, and weather permitting Ill fit the new exhaust too.

Last minute? Me? :oops:

:lol:

Lasts minute here too. Ive not seen my bus for 2 weeks due to work and now it looks like it might be delayed even longer..............fingers crossed.
Lots to do so little time.

I've been sorting out hanging my curtains today,one of those things I thought would take 5 minutes,but oh no.I'm still putting the hooks on them now,only 3 of the curtains have the holes made for them the rest I'm having to pick holes in.And I've got to put all the runners on yet.

long list of bit to get done by danny
(http://www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk)

4 ball joints redone, and ready to fit
welding to do here and there
brakes to redo
rewire light to UK spec

Get it motd tuesday afternnon, and registered wed morning

its cutting it a bit fine :shock:

And take it for a fill up

I'm getting excited now,Finally some paperwork came from the DVLA today,so I got some plates made up and I've been working on it and driving it all day today :D

Tyres got fitted today, and new plates arrived.
Looking forward to the hot sun over the Easter weekend to crack on now ...... :?

With just a few days until we head on our road trip to the volksworld show I felt it was time to get my ass into gear!
DSCF2815.png

So this afternoon I took fry out of his hibernation and moved him into the "work" garage next door.
DSCF2817.png

Sweden has been very mild this winter, and last month I was feeling very confident of an early spring and good weather for our drive to the UK....... However the weather has had a freak change and now the temperatures have dropped and its snowing once again, and it looks like we are going to have a long and snowy drive to denmark.
I have a few jobs to complete before we set off on wednesday.

Fit some winter tyres (dont think running the old cross plies all the way in this weather is a good idea)
Change oil
Fit the og plexiglass screen to the front (stop any stone chips) and I need to make some way of attaching the top part? stig told me he had suckers holding it on??? so im going to try to keep it like it was.
Wipe the dust off, and go!
All going well - see you at the show

We have a space going in the line up - if anyone wants in for the weekend please get in touch!

No camping left, but there is a pair of tickets up for grabs.

Anyone? :D

Hi there it's up and running now thank's.So any of you boy's running a 1641 in the back then. If so how do you find them??.From Graytonne.

Well it was all going so well, we drove for about an hour when the perspex screen on the front fractured, so we ditched that and carried on with out it.
No probs for another 6 hours we were cruising along having a real nice drive and then we noticed a strange sound javascript:emoticon(':?') we pulled of the motorway and listened as we cruised down the slip road and it appeared to come from the drivers side rear wheel.
Stopped, jumped out and felt the wheel and it was hot as hell, jacked it up, tested a few ideas and backed off the brake cylinder, noticed a fair bit of grease in the drum too (came out with the screwdriver) so started to think about wheel bearing! oh no !javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
we rang around, used our club help list but no one was willing or able to help us.
So we decided to try and drive a bit more see how it felt.
We took it easy up the road and got off at the next junction about 2 k, and here we stopped and here we will stay until tomorrow morning!!
i jacked the bus up again while we all figured out what we should do!
It doesnt apear to be the brakes binding on, and the wheel bearing has no play but something is making a noise when you turn and it sounds a bit graunchy, so im suspecting the bearing.
So now we spend the night in a motel (got wifi :) ) and we have a breakdown truck coming at 6 am tomoz which will get us to custom and speed parts which is an hour and a half awayIm hoping to be there when they open and hope they have the parts and tools so we can get it fixed and get going again, we have a way still to go and the ferry leaves at 5pm the other side of Denmark.......
Turning into an expensive trip!
Just thought id share are road tripping news with you,
see you at the volksworld show????
steve :? :? :? :cry:

Just had news today from bodyshop that van won't be ready on time :( :( :(
There's a possibility for Sunday though so trying to remain optimistic. (and I'm only coming from Sussex not Sweden :shock: )
Hope you get your van sorted fanofthevan.
Also anyone need a weekend camping ticket that they can collect from West Sussex (getting to late to post now). Let me know asap and maybe we can sort something out.

fanofthevan-SWEDEN, hope you get the van sorted! I will keep my fingers crossed for you all, take care and hope to see you and Fry at the show :D

Im with Daz on that one, you are one bloke fanofthevan who deserves abeer on arrival at VoWo. Come and find me to claim your drink.
Good luck.

Well looking forward to the show.... be great to finally see some of your vans in the metal and hopefully put a few faces to names!

Safe journey.... see you there!

All the best to fanofthevan, I hope you get to the Esher in time! I'm off to airport now, see you at the show!

If anyone of you regognise me, pull my sleeve and say hello, OK?

Saw a rather nice resto cal beetle heading west on the M25 about 1 hour ago. Looks like he had come from Europe as teh number plate was weird! :lol:
Sort of a Dove Blue colour with a pair of wooden ski's on the back.

Getting excited but i have to sort out my starter motor other wise i'll be asking for a push at the end of Sunday!

Latest posts