What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a very productive day :D thought I'd be at work all day, got stuck in and was home for dinner so had a few hours, finished and fitted my front kick panels then went and fetched my rear shelf cushion from the upholsterers, very impressed :D got back fitted my new front speakers and fitted my new stereo :D just got to clean It in the morn and then off to slamwerks for aride out :D
Happy days :D

Feel embarassed by all this good progress :oops:
Was meant to be tackling rear shocks and speedo cable (yep, the mundane stuff :lol: ) but wussed out in all this heat and chilled instead.
Summer, can't wait for it to get here then can't do anything when it arrives!

Drove it to the workshop, did some work on the "new" beam and drove the very long way home.

006-46.jpg

009-27.jpg

:mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
...drove the very long way home.
8)

Yesterday I prepped, primered, sanded and topcoated my new tailgate.

Today I picked up my new (read 35+ year old) interior but left it in the car because there was a BBQ on as I pulled in to the drive. In to the garage with it first thing tomorrow (hangover permitting) as I need the car free of s**t before heading up to Scotland in the evening :D

cleaned.. cleaned and cleaned engine parts (yesturday actually)

spent today building up the shortblock, putting in a new indicator switch now just off to hook up a ignition feed for the fuel and 02 relay

I don't have any pictures but i have been stuck in a stupid garage rebuilding my engine, ready for dubs at the castle, I can't wait. Although its been hot and sticky made worse by the fact i was up to the nuts in oil, I feel very satisfied that its coming along very nice and easy :D

I drove mine home today! The first time I've ever driven it and I've had it over 2 years. Got the new engine in and running. Obviously I had to go to the pub for a celebratory pint.
20120527_001.jpg

20120527_003.jpg

Went across to Bath this afternoon for family get together...

ccdf7ede.jpg

On the way home we saw a few balloons taking off to watch the sun set, great end to a lovely day :)

58183270.jpg

myvanway 69 said:
68_early_bay said:
Jay71 said:
Fitted my new 'Buddybox' that arrived this morning, it's awesome!!! Can't recommend these guys enough, lovely bit of kit & great service too :)

814e04b0.jpg

589998ec.jpg

4215cfcd.jpg

These look brill :D going to get myself one soon :D

Wow,

I saw it Last week, but it looks even beter in your van. 8) :D

How much are these and where can I order one from

They are great, ive been Emberton Park today with the family, came in very handy with it being so hot!!!
No more spillage's!!!. :lol:

Super happy with mine too.lee and his Brother Adam are so helpful too.
They have built a new RatBox and are sending me some pics soon!!! :D

Nice 1 mate.

Paul.

Felt bad about yesterday's confession so as of today, bus has two new rear shocks and a speedo cable that isn't busticated :D .
Also sourced the, erm, source of the annoying squeak whenever the wipers are turned on. Passenger spindle has more play than a cbeebies happy hour so will be adding that to the next shopping list....

Ignored the squeak (hey, it wasn't raining) and went to what passes as the lakes around here (read: large ponds) to celebrate. 8)

I fitted an old empi quiet pack, new engine lid seal and squirted waxoyl into some crevices. I also stripped down one caliper ready for rebuild. List of 'to-do' is slowly shrinking :mrgreen: , the list of 'to-buy' is rapidly growing :shock:

Today we took it to the Bugorama Car Show/Swap Meet!

Here is what I brought home!

IMG_3724.jpg

In the wheel barrow is an air boot for my carb to air cleaner, a sink vent, a single port dual carb manifold with a Holley carb, a piece called the stove pipe, a shifter coupler, (found those last 2 in the freebie pile), some heater tubes, and and air vents.

IMG_3725.jpg

In the back of the bus is a car that hubby bought, a back pad with less holes then my current one, and also a buddy seat pad with less holes then mine!

Here is my air vent before,

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

I found that the air vents for the back of passenger buses are in a lot better shape then the dash one's! :D So if you are looking for good vents, look for the ones for the back of the bus! :D

towed the race bug to Garys Picnic at shakey ,2nights of beer, barby and dragracing in the day 8) see Maddog and his Dormy ,Alex and the OFF boys ,bug ran new personal bests with a 13.65@91 mph and 60ft of 1.77 sec 8) 8) also helped fix the brakes on a comp altered and then sorted his engine probs(siezed dissy advance)only to find his new auto box was nackered.its a long way from the isle of wight to not race :cry:

dave ------------still recoving from sun and beer.

Latest posts