What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent some pics of to the insurers for an agreed valuation

P8250010.jpg

P8250011.jpg

Fitted and wired in an oil temp and pressure vdu gauge kit.

Old pressure sender removed and new one fitted, so green oil light on dash still works.

Florencethecamper486.jpg

Oil temp sender fitted into bottom of sump drain plug.

Florencethecamper487.jpg

Gauges fitted and ready for testing. :?

Florencethecamper484.jpg

Having fitted them not sure it was wise as from now on will be watching them all the time....argh

Reborn bay man said:

Old pressure sender removed and new one fitted, so green oil light on dash still works.

Florencethecamper486.jpg

Florencethecamper487.jpg

Florencethecamper484.jpg

Having fitted them not sure it was wise as from now on will be watching them all the time....argh

Haha atleast it isnt just me that is constantly watching the gauges! I even have the wife in on it!

Reborn bay man said:

Florencethecamper486.jpg

Florencethecamper487.jpg

Florencethecamper484.jpg

Like the look of that kit :D how much and where from?? Only thing that concerns me if your bus is low don't think the temp sensor or it's wire would last long :?

68_early_bay said:
Reborn bay man said:

Florencethecamper486.jpg

Florencethecamper487.jpg

Florencethecamper484.jpg

Like the look of that kit :D how much and where from?? Only thing that concerns me if your bus is low don't think the temp sensor or it's wire would last long :?

Hi Shaun kit came from Cool Air, cannot remember how much but you can get a discount by being an Earlybay memeber.
Bus standard height so not a problem, I think you'd have to be well slammed to trash the sender.... :lol:

sparkywig said:
Reborn bay man said:
Bus standard height so not a problem, I think you'd have to be well slammed to trash the sender.... :lol:

Not necessarily, I'm not slammed but have scraped the sump on speedbumps.

That's what I was thinking I'm lowered but no where near slammed, and my sump plate has a lovely collection of battle scars from speed 'umps, so I'm thinking that sender or deffo the wire wont last long :cry: nice idea though :D

Opened the garage, looked at it, lit a fag.....

Jumped it off the passat, listened to it pop back through the dells, turned it off and lit a fag....

I hate carbs :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100

Drove her for 30 hours and just about 1300 miles from Denver CO to San Jose CA for my new job...

She ran quite good all the way here. Did 55-60mph keeping the RPMs to about 3300 to 3600 for the enitre run.

My route -
DEN_SJC.jpg

658858929.JPG

I-70 through the tunnel -
1352429296.JPG

Entering Utah -
1238421001.JPG

A dry salt lake river bed somewhere just off I-50 in Utah -
374531619.JPG

Just outside the ranger station on the east side of Yosemite National Park - it was closed when I got there at 2am so this is where I camped and woke up to this...
1956573432.JPG

1877293033.JPG

And I made it...
621900504.JPG

Today I tried to put my flag pole holder on a holder that my hubby had made for a smaller flag for my Pinto. The pipe he used is 3/4". I tried to attach my flag pole brackets that are meant for a RV ladder, to the 3/4" pipe. I got it on there and did a test run with the flag pole. It was a perfect day for the test because it is a bit breezy out.

Here is the set up. You just roll over the holder with the tire to hold things nice and tight.

file-1.jpg

Kind of a bad photo but here is what it looks like from the side.

file.jpg

I decided to try to get some artsy shots, so I'm laying on the ground with the camera on the ground but held at an angle.

file-2.jpg

This next picture I am still in the same position. You can see the flags are starting to disappear. :shock:

file-3.jpg

So I sit up to see my flag pole and flags slowly start going down into the street! LOL I didn't have time to take a picture of that because I didn't want a car to come and wipe out my pole! LOL

So it is back to the drawing board for a flag pole holder. LOL Hubby is going to cut off the 3/4" pipe on the current holder and weld a pipe big enough to hold the flag pole. That way we won't have to mess with the RV ladder brackets. Just have to wait for him to get time to do it. :D

I bet you looked a picture trying to take them pics then scrambling around trying to get up quick to rescue your pole :lol: Over here, I`ve gone for a more flexible approach. The peeps that sell that sort of kit over here tend to push on the flexibility of the sectional poles going over a 3/4" ish yard long spike into the dirt. The spike is made of the same stuff as the pole but is solid. Not much good on concrete though :lol:
I can just about see where your brackets have twisted with the breeze. Good effort though :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And there`s always a plan B :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

this week i will mostly be using it to ferry building supplies between B&Q and my new house, along with the odd bit of furniture, with a possible thursday evening jolly.

why when i tell people im moving house do they instantly tell me ill have to hire a van? they know i'v already got one.

Rain looked like it might not arrive so gave the old boy a bit of a wash

431027d5.jpg

02bfd8e2.jpg

Snowfoam, Wash and a slight application of polish!

Latest posts