What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fitted two new front door cards. But now I can't lock the door with the keys as the padding on them is restricting the movement of the lock :evil:

Any ideas?

Cleaned hubcaps and to be honest witnessed one hell of a transformation!! Now the weheels themselves are the issue. Tidied up i side bus for first time in couple of years :oops: went to tip. Drove to other side of Ynys Mon and back again. Made mental list of non rusty bits to buy for him over next 12 months. :) :)

Dropped the rear end by a spline; she's now sitting about 1 degree nose down. Which I think is close enough. Pics tomorrow if the sun comes out!

stapled the fringe on the poptop. How did I manage without this :lol:

IMG_0580800x598.jpg

IMG_0581800x598.jpg

took out the dash cos its wrong, decided to try and remove the ignition barrel, what a laugh. Ended up stripping the column to what looks like a million bits, and its still not out!

Sat for two hours waiting for the RAC on the way home from Action...

Engine misfiring on way - felt electrical.

Bought new points and condenser at show, thought fit when home (only 20 min drive).

Cut out completely on way home, coasted into Shell garage.

Felt in dizzie - points broken. Nipped dizzy out, burned fingers, figured quick swap and on my way again - three year-old fast asleep in passenger seat so wouldn't know any different....

Then realised broken part not visible. Turned top of shaft, felt notchy. Turned bottom of shaft, felt fine but top didn't turn.

Bugger.

Spare distributor... oh, on the bench in the workshop.

Double bugger.

Wait...

Eventually trucks arrived. Nice blokes from Guise Motors, local contractor. At least the RAC didn't send a roadside repair unit...

Decided to drive through central London and across tower bridge on my way home from Ross on wye. Much better than going round the M25.

After finishing the resto (is a resto ever finished) about 16 months ago, ive finaly got around to fitting that very hard to fit part of the headliner that goes around the tailgate hinge.
Dont ask.................lots of swearing, lots of fitting then removing to trim and fitting again, then removing etc.
Well now its in and looks great. Just got to remember what i used to treat the rest of the headliner with all those months ago to get it to match colour wise.
Then spent about a hour looking around the garage for the piece that holds the net up in the middle.

Cleaned it to remove all the Cornish mud and sea salt, so ready for a polish when i get a moment.

Removed old door mirrors and replaced with shiny new ones managing not to break anything! Old uns useable and very nice except for around edge of glass starting to go.. Free if anybody wants but pay postey?

[sold to fellow Welshperson :)]

Late last night I realised my truck ran out of MOT in August. Chanced the drive to work and booked it straight in for MOT. I always give the van a good going over before MOT time, set the brakes, check the lights etc along with servicing the engine and giving it a good clean and valet. Obviously didn't get to do any of this and expected the worst.

BOOM! Straight through! I love my truck :)

Nice one PW. I took my bus to work today as was working local in Brizzal :mrgreen: Had a lot of fag breaks and sat recline ed in mah busss.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Made goin to work even betterer !! :lol: ;) :lol:

Absolutely nothing :cry: parked up next to it tonight, patted it, and promised to take it out this week, then proceeded down the garden to carry on being bob the builder, at least it will have a garage soon :mrgreen:

68_early_bay said:
Absolutely nothing :cry: parked up next to it tonight, patted it, and promised to take it out this week, then proceeded down the garden to carry on being bob the builder, at least it will have a garage soon :mrgreen:

You not finished that fookin garage????? your taking the piss!! :lol:

Not going Busfest Shaun??

Fitted the curtain tiebacks with the wifelet and had a check over of the lights etc before we leave for Busfest on fri morning!
Few more jobs to do before friday but waiting for the postie to arrive!!

myvanway 69 said:
68_early_bay said:

You not finished that fookin garage????? your taking the piss!! :lol:

Not going Busfest Shaun??

:lol: not quite finished yet lol will put some pics up this week on this weekends efforts, the brickies only got time to do it at weekends

Upto to 2.1m at the mo, only got to get to 4.5 m to the ridges ........ :msn4:

Had a material count up the other day, it's Gunna take 4500 bricks, 750 blocks, 600 roof tiles, 6 ton sand and 50 bags of cement, :lol: :lol:

Don't think I'll be making busfest :cry: all out at the mo doing this garage, this year has been a total washout for me on the show front :(

Next year will be show after show :D

Latest posts