What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6a8a6y6e.jpg

Finally fitted the fire extinguisher!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin.sim said:
How do you do that out of interest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's how. Check out this site.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-Auxiliary-Input-for-an-mp3-player-to-an-O/?ALLSTEPS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admwllms said:
crede999 said:
Took to the bus to the local classic show at the weekend ... :D

Next is getting ready for another euro roadtrip woop woop

Chris

Ha I was there too, briefly (I'm from Llanasa). Loved your bus – and that Karmann Ghia if that was yours?

Yes that's ours well my wife's ... Do you have a early too ?

crede999 said:
Yes that's ours well my wife's ... Do you have a early too ?

Nice one, yep sure do – though I left it parked over at Tesco on the day as it's still too rough to be in a show :D

Can't figure out how to link to it but it's in the "New to EarlyBay" thread...

Cheers

Adam

Been picking a Danbury buddy seat apart to re-skin it, and making a roof locker using the old one I got from Nugsy at the weekend (thanks :D ) (got the buddy seats from him too)

Spent another couple of hours scraping stone chip and underseal from a wheel arch!
Even found a few extra "holes" that will need attention. :msn4:

Removed exhaust to weld the tail pipe stub that had worked loose. Realised I had fitted the exhaust to the engine when it was on the bench. Swore lots when removing heat exchanger to silencer clamps. Swore even more when refitting. Thought (wrongly) that the single bolt "wrap" round clamps would make life easier. They dont. Especially the RH one tucked behind the pre heat tube. Work done and a couple of layers of Heat proof paint and sounds nice again!

Attention then to the front. Jack up and remove shocks. Drop down and drive round the block to settle suspension. Measures fixing centres - 16". Finally ordered some GAZ coil overs. Looking forward to getting them on having read and re read the Gaz shock thread 1000 times. :D

Going to reinstate the ARB too. dont think clearance should be an issue. Never liked not having on!
Also found some rust that will need sorting for september MOT. Back of the cab step where the bumper bolts on. Found this when bouncing the van to settle suspension for suspension measuring!! :lol:

I'm sat in it now taking the fibre insulation out of the front panel trying not to swallow all the crap that's floating about. :(

VeeDubMan said:
After 9 years of resto/custom work, the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place this morning when I fitted the drive shafts and the van moved under its own steam for the first time in 9 years :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
:D

Took the engine out (again) as the fan was making a funny noise,found a bit of kitchen towel stuck on the blades, also noticed a leak out of the gearbox input shaft, ho hum.

Latest posts