What jobs do we do?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buddysbuddy said:
I reckon, if there were awards, this should be up for thread of the year......a real insight what we all do, and a fantastic way to prove how much bollox there is in the stereotype attitude to VW owners......

Nice one.

Cheers, I am genuinely interested in people's lives. We are kind of one dimensional on the forum but from meeting so many VW owners, I know how interesting they and their lives are :mrgreen:

Dude, your tattooist charges £125 per hour :worship: :?: I thought my tattooist was expensive at £70 ph. Dude, how do you afford 2 VW's and tattoos, either one wipes me out :lol:[/quote]

Tell me about it! its a different guy tho than I have used before and it took me 5 months just to get to see him! he is totally amazing tho so will show my work when its done 8)

Not a Great job but pays the bills ;) i work for VirginMedia as a Area facilities Manager, look after 47 buildings , from Swansea to plymouth swindon .poole etc,

Also Run Two Vw Shows which are Dubsatthecastle & new for next year Tredegar house vwshow ;)

I'm a senior systems engineer - have designed and developed all sorts of stuff for the military from sonar systems in Oz to air traffic control in Somerset, currently in South Wales developing comms systems.

easy said:
Tell me about it! its a different guy tho than I have used before and it took me 5 months just to get to see him! he is totally amazing tho so will show my work when its done 8)

Dude, fair enough,
Look forward to seeing the finished article :mrgreen:

I used to be a fish farmer for my first career! worked in Scotland and Germany, times a change ay?! ;) :lol:

Westy Richardson said:
My week has been SOOO easy, don't have to clock in until 11am :D but finish at 7pm :( All i've done is drive up and down the A14 in a 19 year old Case tractor with a HUGE sign on the back with flashing lights and arrows, it's like driving a disco :D

The Volvo road sweepers are cleaning the main roads this week and as the only do about 20mph in sweep mode, my big sign warns people off from crashing into them :lol:

Flask of tea, packet of custard creams and the radio on all day....... WIKED :mrgreen:

ahhhhh - that was you!!

'bout a month ago I saw you all parked up on the A10 roundabout on A14 - will give you a wave next time :D

lard said:
Westy Richardson said:
My week has been SOOO easy, don't have to clock in until 11am :D but finish at 7pm :( All i've done is drive up and down the A14 in a 19 year old Case tractor with a HUGE sign on the back with flashing lights and arrows, it's like driving a disco :D

The Volvo road sweepers are cleaning the main roads this week and as the only do about 20mph in sweep mode, my big sign warns people off from crashing into them :lol:

Flask of tea, packet of custard creams and the radio on all day....... WIKED :mrgreen:

ahhhhh - that was you!!

'bout a month ago I saw you all parked up on the A10 roundabout on A14 - will give you a wave next time :D

A wave, I'd want a custard cream :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im a site foreman for a small garden maintenance company, I get paid to push or ride a mower round big estate gardens all day and get a nice tan during the summer too.

wow! :shock: some people on here do some really interesting stuff....
myself.... not so exciting....

photographer
and when im not at work im a freelance graphic artist

erm...

amateur pinstriper
bass player
crap surfer

:mrgreen:

How boring my job seems after hearing about all those cool proffessions !, just a bt engineer me ! not a bad job really , get to meet alot of cool people along the way.

jonnyvolks73 said:
How boring my job seems after hearing about all those cool proffessions !, just a bt engineer me ! .

Correct :lol:

Only joking - done telecoms for what seems hundreds of years and know what a pain it can be so welcome anyway :D

we could expand on this with our current job followed by the worst/weirdest job we ever did? :D

I've worked on a Pelagic Trawler (MVF Westerdale) for several months. Frequent 18 hour working days in 5 meter waves, at sea for 4 weeks at a time and only landing for a few hours and back out again. The money was crazy, but it was offset by the terrible conditions; 4 hours sleep a night, a coffin for a bunk, oil and fried food smells all day long not nice if you have chronic sea sickness lol. I lost 2 stone in two weeks and had to take 3 days off to recouperate but i stuck at it.

I remember we were in a pub in Cairnryan got kicked out of the pub after winning to many games of pool and the ferrymen were baying for blood, and the tide had gone out, Serveral of the crew were too drunk to negotiate the 20ft ladder back on to the boat. We had to winch them down (passed out) in a fish box using the boats crane. it was a funny night.

Some cool jobs and careers on here :mrgreen:

i own and run a Gym for all shapes and sizes, abilities and disabilities working closely with local hospitals, doctors and physios :)

However I aim to get back into panel and paint on Veedubs that i turned my back on a few years ago though ;)