Whats the best way to fix underseat and seat stand mats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitley bay

Reaction score
Hi
Just purchased some WolfsburgWest underseat and seat stand rubber mats.
The underseat mats are rubber/foam backed and the seat stand mats are rubber.
Can anyone please tell me the best adhesive to use on these, as I think it needs to be something that bonds quickly but is also manoeuvrable :?
Cheers :D

Just back from B&Q, they reckon their stuff would work with the foam back underseat mats but not rubber to metal as per the seat stand surrounds!
Has anyone used this and what were the results?
Cheers :D

if you use spray contact adhesive cover both mat and floor let it dry then apply carefully, if it works with lino it`ll work in a bus no probs regardless of it being metal........i used it on foam backed carpet for mine and sticks like fook.....go get it done fella :mrgreen:

I used the spray contact adhesive and as ^^^^ sprayed both the metal and rubber and it worked well. I think I got the adhesive from Screwfix.

I used 'Bison Tix' but I am not sure if that is a brand that runs in the UK as well.
It is great stuff and it is gel-like so you can brush it on. Also works for door rubbers, headliner, etc.

Degrease your rubbers with somthing like methalated spirits then give them a good key with a scotch pad
Apply the contact adhesive to the rubber and the bodywork wait for it to go tacky on both surfaces
Then place the rubber down and press over it with the palm of your hand
Leave the adhesive to cure and the jobs a gud un

Latest posts