Where to buy Petronix?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Have decided to treat the bay to some electronic ignition, i have just bought a SVDA 205 dizzy but where is best to buy the ignition from?
I have had a look at all the usual suspects (VW heritage, Machine 7, cool air) but the prices vary so much between each shop that it frightening, think 1 shop wanted £68.50 while another wanted nearly £90.
Is there any other places that i might have missed or will i be better off waiting for the show season to start? (Think Bingley hall in Stafford is next month?)

Froggy Kingfisher Kustoms sell Pertronix , its the best electronic ignition going . If your going to buy it make sure you get there Blaster coil as well , as fatter spark means better running etc . Pop a new set of stock German quality leads on (Beru) and rota cap and plugs . You should instantly notice a difference in the way your van starts and runs etc . Also i saw you asking about the best combination well all the above an 009 decent twin carbs Kadrons are good Dellortos 36s are better down throated to 28s and a stainless single quiet pack . That should really turn your bus into a cruiser . Also why your there get a urethene gearbox coupling as that should get rid of the infamous porridge gearstick .

:wink:

Will give Kingfishers a call in the morning see what they can do, also gonna get a new gearbox coupling, i know what you mean about porridge gear stick!
i will eventually look at up-grading to twin carbs but for the time being my weber progressive will have to do :lol:

Gadget Boy said:
Also i saw you asking about the best combination well all the above an 009 decent twin carbs Kadrons are good Dellortos 36s are better down throated to 28s and a stainless single quiet pack . That should really turn your bus into a cruiser .

Kadrons are better with a vac advance (SVDA) than a 009 in my experience ;)

Gadget Boy said:
Froggy Kingfisher Kustoms sell Pertronix , its the best electronic ignition going . If your going to buy it make sure you get there Blaster coil as well , as fatter spark means better running etc . Pop a new set of stock German quality leads on (Beru) and rota cap and plugs . You should instantly notice a difference in the way your van starts and runs etc . Also i saw you asking about the best combination well all the above an 009 decent twin carbs Kadrons are good Dellortos 36s are better down throated to 28s and a stainless single quiet pack . That should really turn your bus into a cruiser . Also why your there get a urethene gearbox coupling as that should get rid of the infamous porridge gearstick .

I wouldn't use their coils, I've seen a few fail. Bosch blue is fine.

I got my Pertronix from Machine 7, and have recently fitted a flamethrower - no complaints with either. Runs 1641 with twin Webers and 009 dizzy.

Benyon said:
I got my Pertronix from Machine 7, and have recently fitted a flamethrower - no complaints with either. Runs 1641 with twin Webers and 009 dizzy.

Keep a spare Bosch blue handy ;)

Just ordered my Petronix kit from Kingfisher Kustoms (near Birmingham) cost just over £60 incl P&P :D
I know some places are doing free P&P but the thing about kingfishers is that its local(ish) and i've bought most of my stuff from there so if anything goes wrong i can return it without any hassle. If it wasn't the fact that i'm on nights this week i would of collected but hey ho,
Will update when its fitted and (hopefully) running

Joval said:
Gadget Boy said:

I wouldn't use their coils, I've seen a few fail. Bosch blue is fine.
Planning on using it with my Bosch blue 8)

I purchased my all pertronix ignition (billet distributor with ignitor 2, wires, Flame thrower II coil, and a second strike Ignition box) from Summit, excellent prices and customer service.

Well my 205 dizzy came today and i've started to install the electronics into it, hopefully tomorrow i will get a new rotor arm and dizzy cap then (depending on the time) i will have a happier van :lol:

Ive got the Petronix fitted in a vac dissy with new dissy cap,rotor arm,blue coil and leads. Starts straight away hardly running the starter motor and I havnt touched it in the last 2000 miles.It also seems to run smoother,I regard it money well spent . :D

I got a petronix ready to fit. Except i dont know how and i have no idea how tune it.

Is it a simple job? would love to get it fitted, i also have a flamethrower coil to go with the petonix.

does anyone know of a walkthrough with pics, i am currenty runnting twin dells on a 1641

cheers

Latest posts