Whitewall Tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Tom

Reaction score
What's the best option, full whitewalls or pencil, with chrome caps and chrome rings...........really needs some photos of what you've all got, seriously undecided, I need to change two Tyres in the next month, and I have some newly painted in cream 14" rims.

Have you got any recommended suppliers, I saw Karman Konnections advertised in Volksworld?

Cheers MT

m0retto said:
Here's white wheels with chrome caps and white wall tyres.

nice bus moretto, would look even better if you smacked it about with the lowering stick tho.
cheers, dave

purpledog07 said:
m0retto said:

nice bus moretto, would look even better if you smacked it about with the lowering stick tho.
cheers, dave

This picture was taken by the previous owner, my thread is in the gallery topic :)

I would love to lower her but I'm focusing on the interior first, then replacing the original loom and bullet fuses!! [WEARY FACE]

Slowly but surely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No don't lower it! :evil:

;) :mrgreen:

I have these white wall tyres:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin//rshop.pl?PoD=110__R-254255__X

Profil_ma1_WM.jpg

Major Tom said:
EeVeeWee said:

Very reasonable, best I've seen is £69 + vat. What series did you go for, 70/75 or 80, considering mine is stock height?

Mine is also at the best height ;) , front size is 185/75 R14 and rear 215/70 R14:

2015%20Duitsland%20groen_zpsp3hjrym9.jpg

EeVeeWee said:
Major Tom said:
EeVeeWee said:

Very reasonable, best I've seen is £69 + vat. What series did you go for, 70/75 or 80, considering mine is stock height?

Mine is also at the best height ;) , front size is 185/75 R14 and rear 215/70 R14:

2015%20Duitsland%20groen_zpsp3hjrym9.jpg

m0retto said:
purpledog07 said:
m0retto said:

cheers, dave

This picture was taken by the previous owner, my thread is in the gallery topic :)

I would love to lower her but I'm focusing on the interior first, then replacing the original loom and bullet fuses!! [WEARY FACE]

Slowly but surely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fair enough, i am planning to fab a new main loom and dash loom for my bus this winter, i recently had the plastic body melt on a "ceramic" style fuse even though the fuse wire itself was still intact! i would be interested to see what solution you come up with to replacing the fusebox, have you any ideas yet? i would like to keep the original fusebox but in light of the recent meltdown i think a modern replacement or maybe just a second original fuse box and extra relays for ignition/fogs/stereo/accessories etc. may save the bus from going up in smoke! i have recently spent a lot of time and money sorting out the fuel supply, filler, tank and breathers with biofuel hose etc. to reduce the risk of fire and would be gutted if a poor quality fuse set her alight. in the meantime, if anyone has any idea where i could get my hands on some good condition old style ceramic fuses i would greatly appreciate it.
i managed to find a supplier selling cable by the metre that carries all the original colours apart from black/green/white, some acrylic paint will sort that out, luckily only a short length needed. so long as you don't mind stepping up the 0.5mm to 1mm (a good idea anyway imho). priced up was less than £50 for all the cable needed to make the standard loom (not including the starter/ charging loom as i recently made and fitted a new one when i upgraded to an alternator), and you can still use the original wiring diagrams for reference in future. connectors and plugs are readily available and i was thinking of making mine modular so the dash could be removed without unplugging all those switches and clocks, just one or two multiplugs, and the same for the engine. what do you think, would love to share ideas and see what the forum might come up with.
...or if you are not very adventurous you could just buy a new generic loom for £2-300 and do the necessary adjustments to suit your motor.

cheers dave.

Major Tom said:
What's the best option, full whitewalls or pencil, with chrome caps and chrome rings...........really needs some photos of what you've all got, seriously undecided, I need to change two Tyres in the next month, and I have some newly painted in cream 14" rims.

Have you got any recommended suppliers, I saw Karman Konnections advertised in Volksworld?

Cheers MT
sorry i went off topic for a moment, i like full whitewalls, they look the best but not for long. even the good quality ones yellow, crack and peel over time and then they look shite unless yoiu are running a rat, good ones are also very expensive. the striped ones look good for longer as the stripe is less exposed to kerbs etc. i had to buy a set of four recently so went for standard 185R 14 C Firestone Vankawk, they are black and have excellent wet grip rating, and all four fitted for £260! had to get them for MOT in a hurry and wish i'd gone for 185 70 14 as i could go a bit lower with those. The big tyres are hard to get off the rear once you lower it and tyre size alone is governing how low i can go. She sits nice now, driving is nice and not too harsh and i can still get underneath, with a squeeze when needed. i'm new to the forum and don't yet know how to post images but will post when able.

I have white stripes on mine, from mrwhitewalls.com, worked out Cheaper to buy them from their eBay shop?

Simon.

20150607_143856_zpsjnld8ilq.jpg

20150412_160925_zpsnm0xl3vh.jpg

Stock 14" wheels painted white, s/steel hubcaps with stock chinese commercial tyres with whitewall from North hants tyres. I investigated using Mr Whitewalls but I wanted 4 brand new tyres and he advised there is a risk applying the stripes to new tyres, the rubber could discolour the whitewall.

When the tyres are new they have a protective coating that needs to be scrubbed off:
20150202_152502_zps1m77zu9z.jpg

I like my fat white bands. :lol:

aa094a4f20c302ee5ad9ddf524423410.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Latest posts