You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing, really like it running the fuch's too. I notice you have some edging going round your over riders, what is that and where did you get it?

cyberdyne systems said:
Looks amazing, really like it running the fuch's too. I notice you have some edging going round your over riders, what is that and where did you get it?

Thanks the fuchs are making it to another car ;) I love the Gasburners-look but the fuchs is my all time favorite, so classic.

the edging was there when i bought my set, i think it's nice and protects the bumpers when you puss-on the overrider 8) Were it comes from i don't now :oops:
It's a u-type of rubber.

Greetings Mycha

Spotted the Westy on the web :D

indexphp.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

Last weekend gave her a maintenance check (already 8500km on the clock). She's ready for DDD8 and Brigton Breeze 8)

Hope i have some time to renew the vinyl flooring and chance the sink for a sink and stove......
Bought a sink and stove from a T4 westy and some original table wood from a 1970 Westy....... :!: If some one is interested I've for sale the original cool-box (door is bad quality) and original rvs sink top :?:
P1010822.jpg

Greetings mycha

cyberdyne systems said:

http://www.customandcommercial.com/details.aspx?id=4814&Sub_Category=1266&group=61&category=216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now the Westy drives we are enjoying it but there’s alway’s room for some upgrades :lol:

Love to have a cold beer when i arrive at a vw-meeting :lol:

I’m giving the Westy some extra features :msn4: I’m in the process of converting my Westy coolbox to a fridge from a T2a/b, crossover-van! I removed the water tank to make room for the fridge, i’l will place a smaller water tank (15liter) in the buddy-seat and put a gas bottle there also (the fridge will work on gas, 220v and 12v). On top i’m gong to place a sink with two gas burners.
I have bought a westy-table top (the big one between the bed and the buddy seat) and i’m going to make a top out of it (just like a 68model). The fridge will get it’s fresh air from a hole in the floor and hot air can escape at the back between the top and the front seat. I will use the white pipe (were normal the air can escape) for running through the Exhaust gasses when it’s running on gas. I will make a copper pipe in-it with exhaust-wrap. Under the sink i will make a little drawer for knives and forks, will use the original front and build a drawer on rollerblades, then i can still get with the fridge buttons/knobs. Hope you guy’s now what i mean :oops:

Time for some photo’s:
2znswlu.jpg

2s9a92b.jpg

2zgc5ts.jpg

2rdyr5w.jpg

Last weekend I snapped some photo’s with my phone when we were at a family bbq:

291g7yx.jpg

mw4g42.jpg

Greetings mycha

Today received this nice arty shot off my bus,
Westy.jpg

This weekend i went to the DDD8, what a party, racing, beer and more beer :mrgreen:. Great to have a Westy 8) nice and warm to sleep in (better then a tent), cool beer in the fridge and fresh coffee in the morning :D

18092010111.jpg

Next meeting Brighton Breeze looking forward to meet you all.

Kind regards Mycha
from the netherlands

Found some nice photo's of the Westy on the net, DDD8.

DSC08554.jpg

DSC08374.jpg

We went to Brighton Breeze what a great weekend that was (except the weather :oops:)
I've seen many earlybay.com cars, SUPER quality over there.
Will be back next year.

The Westy is now in the garage and will be seeing sun-lite in spring 2011......... Have some nice plans for winter 2011: Airbags in the rear with uniballs spring-plates, power-steering (parts from a T25, Peugot and Opel :p ), hydraulic clutch, maybe airbags in front (my air-shocks preform really well but I will see if there is place with the power-steering), Eberspacher heating, electric water-tap, Recaro front seats (without headrest and with biscuit fabric), some extra punch in the stereo department and maybe some more....

Will keep updating here, greetings Mycha

DSC08374.jpg

Beautiful van!! What are your suspension specs in this picture? How much have you narrowed the beam, brakes etc? Are those repro wheels or genuine Fuchs? What width are they?

squareweave said:
Beautiful van!! What are your suspension specs in this picture? How much have you narrowed the beam, brakes etc? Are those repro wheels or genuine Fuchs? What width are they?

Thanks, I build my own narrowed beam 5,5cm total narrowed (so 2,75cm a side),
Porsche 944 disk-brakes all around (in front the narrow the track extra by 8mm/10mm).
In front there are Monroe airshock's in the picture the are on 40psi that's about 54cm from floor to underside wheel-arch. When i drive i will pump-up the shock's to 140/150psi and then she is at a 58cm ;) the rear is lowered with Horse Shoe plates (spax's shocks and 944 brakes).
Wheels are the real deal "deep dish fuchs from 1969" :msn4: 5,5x15 165/65/15 front and 6x15 175/70/15 rear.

Greetings Mycha

Yo earlybay’s,

Long time no update :oops:

I’ve collected parts for the steering conversion. What’s the plan: power steering :shock:

VW Golf u-joints;
Peugeot electric steering pomp;
VW T3/T25 bevel box;
Vauxhall rack-and-pinion (RHD on a LHD car :msn4: to come around the brake servo).

It’s not mine idea, found the info here: http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47358

The parts:
P1020001.jpg

P1020002.jpg

No return, the space/ the cut is made :lol:
P1020007.jpg

Hope it will all work out, keep you all updated and hoping to have a sharp-steering earlybay this summer ;)

Greetings mycha
the Netherlands

Will keep an eye on this (the only reason my other half won't drive my van is no power steering!!) ;)

Latest posts