You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the look of the new rear brakes 8)
foto-10.jpg

Greetz Mycha

yachty said:
Good work Mycha. How is the air system working out on the back? All as expected?
My shocks have landed and waiting to clear customs ;)

mychatype3 said:
Test testing the airshocks 8)

Greetings from Holland

Hit the button it's a videoclip 8) ;)
max. 7 - 7,5cm on 200psi, at the rear, so very happy :D
No test drive yet, the swimsattel breakes were to big with the air-shocks so i've bought the smaller Carrera II ones.
Hoping to go for a spin end of this week.

Stance at the moment (rear), 43cm with no air (resting on bumpstop) with around 100/120psi it's on 46/47 cm and that was my old driving hight stance :msn4: (no westfalia interior at the moment).

Working to get here ready for EBI5 :p

Greetings from Holland, mycha

Sweet. I suspected it was but was reading it on my non flash iPhone and the vid didn't work (sort it out apple!)

Seems to go up and down without any problems at all 8) You have adjustable springplates right? Are they locked or unlocked in the vid?

Can't wait to get my hands on my shocks now :D

Hasta Pronto amigo
AndyQ

yachty said:
Sweet. I suspected it was but was reading it on my non flash iPhone and the vid didn't work (sort it out apple!)

;) 8)

yachty said:
to go up and down without any problems at all 8) You have adjustable springplates right? Are they locked or unlocked in the vid?

Can't wait to get my hands on my shocks now :D

Hasta Pronto amigo
AndyQ

Yes adjustable Slamwerk plates 8) without the lock-screw on the movie :msn4:
Greetings

radish said:
Mycha those switches look great.
What size hose fittings did you use to convert to the larger hose?
Cheers Darius

Hey Darius,

I used:

- 10mm outer hose from tank to valves;
- 8mm outer hose from valves to shocks;
- 4mm outer hose from valve to gauge;

for the shocks we made a special fitting to go from the American thread to 1/4 - 8mm
foto-12.jpg

Shock fittings under left on photo.

Greetings Mycha

It is the odd size thread on the shock that is the problem. I have boxes of 1/4 & 1/8 fittings for 4mm, 6mm and 10mm hose. I have to look at making an adaptor.

Your bus just gets better and better........what can you possibly fo next?

8)

Loving the detailed wheels and brakes :worship:

Cali_bay said:
Your bus just gets better and better........what can you possibly fo next? 8)

THANKS

Yesterday went for a test drive: 4-corner-airshocks and rear brembo's work great.
Complete westy interior is in now and i can lift the rear from 43cm (ground to arch) to 51cm on 190psi. Driving modus is rear 46cm and front 56cm all around on 120psi.
Next week big test drive to Chimay (EBI)

Greetings from Holland

yachty said:
You and me both Mycha except I'm working on my splitty :D.

On a related note though my shocks finally turned up after being stuck for 3 weeks in manaña manaña Spanish customs :D ;)

nahezyga.jpg

Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your bus soon :D

hello i want to knwo one thing

is the good reference for bus early bay ?

thanks yachty for your reply ;)

i waiting mycha for his answer , i dont want to buy many pair for find the good one :lol: :lol: :lol:

mychatype3 said:
Doing test at the moment, when i now they are really ok and good, I will share the part numbers ;) Kind regards from Holland, mycha

As promised (and having so much PB-mails :lol: :lol: :lol: )
I'm using the 49230 Gabriel Hi Jackers http://gabriel.com/our-products/car-light-truck-van/pv-detailed-specs/?partnum=49230

For the record: at the moment they are on my Westy only done 20km on them, this week will be going to Chimay (EBI5) 225km one way ;) so that's the big test 8)

Greetings from Holland, Mycha

Latest posts