Your Early Bay Picture of the Day .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowlighter said:
Well here she is our 72 Bay the day that we got her, what do you think?
J n J
DSC00053.jpg

Easy stuff there, that shit will buff out.... :lol:
The other way to look at it is that it's all up from here.
I've seen a lot worse beginnings than that though.

Obviously some who likes a challenge :D . At least you know your in for a fair bit of work, rather than buying a 'restored' vehicle only to start all over again.

Good look.

Post pictures of your progress.

Lowlighter said:
Well here she is our 72 Bay the day that we got her, what do you think?
J n J

Would you mind me asking how much it was? Totally out of interest, just to gauge market values..

If not ignore the post - totally understand.

Hope you get on okay with the project
up.gif

This was somewhere in France last year, I thought it would make a nice picture at the time but it was only last week my son pointed out that the sign reads Dubonnet so you could say the picture has a Dub on it!

dubonnet.jpg

The story goes that the PO went out to buy his wife a winter coat and came back with this camper, (think she got her coat eventually) he was the only owner from new, it has only done 38,000 miles. The key broke off in the ignition in 1985 and she has stood since then. His wife wanted it to rot to pieces but he said that he would only sell it but only to someone who promised to repair it, so thats where I came in. :) he had been offered £400 for it from somebody else but then accepted £350 from me :? Here she is after her first wash
DSC00072.jpg

All the tyres had perished so I had to borrow a set of wheels to move her, half of the wheel studs broke off while changing the wheels, I put a battery on and got it on a trailer by turning the engine over with it in reverse, she had no brakes so was a bit scary :shock: anyhow all went well and I got her home. :D

The roof gutters are fine,I have done a little work since then,here are a few pics I have taken on the way,
Image154.jpg

Arriving at my home this was her first journey for many years,
DSC00006.jpg

the inside is a Devon conversion unfortunatly a bit of water damage,
CIMG1240.jpg
cabs not too bad apart from some mouse damage, they had eaten the owners manual and stuffing from under the front seats climbed up into the head lining and made 2 nests out of it.
DSC00015.jpg

Lowlighter said:
The roof gutters are fine,I have done a little work since then,here are a few pics I have taken on the way,

Keep it up dude. Make a project blog in the 'Bus Park' so we can all follow it ;)

There was a pic on here somewhere of a graphite type grey bus lowered going into a bend on a road I think it was raining and there was spray and the bus had nice wheels on. I saw it a few times can't find it now ?? Any ideas. :(

I started restoration a while ago and the pics I have posted were at the begining, here are some more as I went along,I started on replacing the near side sill and worked clockwise around the van, the n/s/f wheelarch was patch repaired as it was in pretty good nick.

Here is the bottom of the front panel and cross member cut off and tape around the window to stop the rain getting in,
Image242.jpg

Got some wheels and tyres these came from an inported bus from New Zealand, what do you think?
Image184.jpg

A good project you have there ;)

Love the wheels, so '70s and the stance in the picture is just so, right :D

Keep us updated fella 8)

Glad you like the wheels gninnam , I haven't seen any the same on another bus yet, but I'm sure someone will put me straight.

I will continue with the info and pics of the restro on a thread called J n J's 72 bay Restro project.

Many thanks for your comments so far 8)

gninnam said:
A good project you have there ;)

Love the wheels, so '70s and the stance in the picture is just so, right :D

Keep us updated fella 8)

Thanks gninnam...its amazing the difference a set of good looking wheels make and these are stock standard hubs with narrow white wall tyres.I like to keep my bus simple and original as poss.Still lots to do and a having a ball along the way. :D

Latest posts