• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to pretend I understand how they work from the pic, but are you able to post mine to me? :)

I can paypal or send you a cheque (preferred as I hate eBay/Paypal!)

I don't suppose you know anyone going to Bristol Volksfest if it makes posting easier?

Jim.

Yer were working on the eBay mate and we have reformated the http://www.camperstuff.co.uk site to make it a bit easier to understand.

Jim i'll pm you my bank details so you can pop the cash into my account its the best way for speed and where not making much off these so paypal cuts into the already tight profit margin.

I think if you factored in the time we've spent messing about with these things it probs owes us a wedge lol.

Managed to make up 8 sets of these over the weekend so around half way done now!

Hey Dave,

Great work fella - I collected my hinges from Araon this evening - and HOOOOG thanx go to Araon for the favour - I'll dig those hub-caps out and let you know ;)

Thanks,

Mike
PS: Where's the instructions Dave :mrgreen:

We're putting the minstructions on the web site hopefully tomorrow going to do a set by step photo how to.

its not to difficult though you just slide the hinges into corners as far back and close to the wheel arch as possible then the seat sits in the ski sections and the back rest of the seat sits in the arms.

the problem we having at the minute is my van is off being fixed so i have nothing to demo them on unfortunate timing but cant be helped

have you sorted out a bus yet mcvw?

Dave

ddffrost said:
have you sorted out a bus yet mcvw?

Dave

Easy fella, that would require me getting my a4s4 in gear :lol:

Going to look at a 70 over the weekend - and still have a few "irons in the fire" so to speak.

But TBH we've pretty much resigned ourselves to no having a no bus summer - and as a result we're not in any great hurry - just so long as we have one for next year!!!!

Will keep an eye out for instructions... Do you think you might be able to use the original seat mounting holes to secure the hinges (rather than drilling more holes in the floor)?

Cheers,

Mike

Araon is thinking about doing that with his but i cant see how it would work to be honest but i guess thats why i havent drilled the hinge plates cos there's more than one way to mount them.

Got them out later in the week than i hoped so i think i'll be fitting Retro's for him at the Stop over lol.

Everyone who's paid should no either have their sets or will shortly have them as i posted 5 more sets out today!

Man i seriously underestimated the ammount of work involved for this.

But dude we all love you for it, and I for one say a big thank you for all the effort you have put in, maybe we should have a national ddffrost day :D

Got mine today 8)

CIMG7739.jpg

CIMG7740.jpg

You've got PM.

Finally got round to doing my set yesterday and tested em out at the bus stopover work like a charm if i do say so myself lol.

Used a futon topper from Ikea to put over the top of the cargo area and seat fits perfectly onto the cargo shelf folded up and is the exact width n just folded it out to sleep on n it was preety comfortable

Deffo recomend this rather than the air bed and i think it only cost me £20 from Ikea.

Posting instructions with photo's v soon.

sold one set on ebay got one set left but i think a guy in Ireland wants that set.

going to get 15 more sets done so hopefully the word will get around and we can actually make some profit lol

More sets ready in 2-3 weeks if anyone knows anyone looking for them?

been approached by a couple large traders naming no names but they wanted to pay us less per set than it costs to make them are they real?

ddffrost said:
Finally got round to doing my set yesterday and tested em out at the bus stopover work like a charm if i do say so myself lol.

Used a futon topper from Ikea to put over the top of the cargo area and seat fits perfectly onto the cargo shelf folded up and is the exact width n just folded it out to sleep on n it was preety comfortable

Deffo recomend this rather than the air bed and i think it only cost me £20 from Ikea.

Posting instructions with photo's v soon.

dave, ive had a set of 1973 zbed OG instructions ive saved for ya, pm me ur address dude

been meaning to post em for ages :mrgreen:

some one posted a pic on vzi of the other bits that fit to the middle seat so you can keep it in with the hinges as still make the bed out looks really simple to make actually so might get some of these done to if anyone is interested?

I'll have a better look at it and get back to you mate.

Have you fitted your hinges yet Shaggy?

Latest posts