1303s gearbox in my bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about selling the brackets too?
I'd be up for one if you did.

I think there is someone trying to get them made, I haven't got the contacts at the moment. :(

Hi! Any updates on how it drives? I drove my van today, and really thought about wether 3400 revs for 55ish mph was definitely too much and time for a change... Specially since last weekend I drove behind a mate in his 1600tp split and he was doing 70mph eaaasily while I was struggling trying to keep up!Just spoke to another mate that happens to have a 1303 box in his garage gathering dust...and it is becoming very tempting as a winter project. Do you still have any sets left? I would like one, please..I' ll pm you
And by the way, what else did you use, because I also have a coupke of brand new cv joints for a golf that I sold and never fitted(?)

it drives really well, my 1600sp is on its way out and needed a tune so I didnt get the full use of the box, the RPM was a lot lower on the motorway though.

Got your PM will reply now.

Mark

I don't know how much trouble it will be to fit as I haven't done my yet....
But if you do any motorway runs regularly I'm sure you will appreciate 700rpm less at the same cruising speeds :lol: ...and so will your engine (and wallet!)
On the other hand, if you only drive along b-roads I also agree it would not be so necessary

Tonio

Thanks a lot, Mark! I got my set this weekend, but forgot to post a little thank you :roll:
Hope all of you guys that got a set start fitting them and telling us how you are getting on with it!
Cheers

Tonio

Latest posts