1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update post

Breather box and lines, need to weld an AN bung to the top of the oil filler to complete.
Remote oil filter and lines installed,

remote cooler/fan, lines and sandwich plate in place. Not going to connect this until cam burn and first oil change complete.

Filled with oil.

Gauges fitted and connected.

Had a couple of electrical issues. One that was traced to the ignition switch, so....

And the other was no ground at the remote oil pressure sensor. The filter head is anodised aluminium and isn't electrically conductive, so a temporary ground was installed.
Gauges and lights working now.

Oil pressure light goes out after 5 or 6 seconds of cranking.
20 litres of E5 in the tank, two small leaks sorted, battery topped up and ready for first start now.

Hey Sparkywig … which supplier did you get the ignition switch from?? Just looking at getting one myself.
Great thread 🌈👍

Hey Sparkywig … which supplier did you get the ignition switch from?? Just looking at getting one myself.
Great thread 🌈👍
It's the same part no matter which supplier you buy from.
I use the ones that have helped me the most over the last couple of years, Schofields or CoolAir.

Looking really good and coming along pretty quick 🙌
It’s so good to have that knowledge. Wish I’d started years ago. I’m just getting to grips with leads, plugs and points at the moment 😀

Cam burn complete, thanks for coming over @nickcj, and oil draining.

Now if I'd only thought ahead and had a couple of spare oil filters 🤔

Anyway, next job master cylinder.

Repair kit wrong size bore

Seals look OK, so just cleaned up a little corrosion where the front seal sits, reassembled and back on the bus.

Nowhere open today to purchase oil filters, so carried on with the oil lines and sandwich plate.

Had an interference issue on the rear calipers, but I made it worse trying to sort it so went back to how they were. The CE "kit" uses a bracket bolted to the rear bearing housing to space the caliper carrier, but it flexes.

Wheels on, for the last time hopefully.

Fresh oil and filter, an oil line clip to fit, and a washer to the reverse light switch and it can come off the axle stands.
I do have a brake fluid leak at the reservoir to fix, but can do that when its on the floor.

Not a good start to the day's proceedings.

C4B97C9F-0994-43AA-910F-4D4984A8F567.jpeg

AB88A284-C071-40EF-BEBC-461E31764DB4_1_201_a.jpeg

Definitely got oil pressure. 😂
That's what happens on start up when you don't fit a diesel oil filter. Took over an hour to clean the oil out of the engine bay, it even covered the battery.

Anyway, rear tinware, valance and engine hatch fitted.
Sounds easy when you say it like that, bit of modification required to the valence due to the engine raise but that's why it's not been painted yet.

D10A61AA-A184-4332-92EB-88211B136724.jpeg

F86B13E8-5D8E-48B8-BD91-E784E93CB801.jpeg

Latest posts