1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little video my mate done of the van , and our dog !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9z5UbVY2M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really cool video there. Like the music.
Spotted you have parcel shelf under dash, is it the Bambus type or home made?
I am in the process of making my own, or trying at least, do you have pic's of the install?

Cheers, one cool van.

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
I am in the process of making my own, or trying at least, do you have pic's of the install?

Cheers, one cool van.

J & P

Hi mate i bought the shelf off a guy on here it came with a wooden shelf but i didnt like that so replaced it with plasterers mesh

I dont have pictures of the install im afraid

Grazy said:
gas1man said:

Cheers, one cool van.

J & P

Hi mate i bought the shelf off a guy on here it came with a wooden shelf but i didnt like that so replaced it with plasterers mesh

I dont have pictures of the install im afraid

Plasterers mesh that sounds like a good idea, I may have a go at making one. Great dog, good taste in music :D

Plaster's mesh sounds like a great idea. I will see how the radiator cover mesh works out first.
Thanks for the reply.

J & P

Thanks guys all credit to my mate for doing the video

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BN-Media/444956688959069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers its what i love using the van for just driving about and using it as often as possible 8)

OK , So been over a year since my last update not an awful lot has happened but will just try and round up what has changed since January 2015 .

in February 2015 i slipped a disc in my back and my wanker boss dropped my wages by 25% so it looked like the Panel van would be on its way to a new home as money was tight .
A few things were sold and the purse strings were kept tight and we managed to keep hold of the van ,
The back is now much better and I am working for a new company on a better wage so all good

I have alway ran a stock exhaust on my engine and as I have no plans to upgrade the engine i thought I would invest in a stainless steel version of the stock part , I ended up getting mine from VW Heritage as the TWO I was sent from GSF were absolute shite !!

IMG_3635_zpsjajfjrhn.jpg

I previously had some red Wolfsburg West seatbelts in the van but these didnt match my recent interior so i contacted a guy called Steve Perkul at http://www.seatbeltplanet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ,who's customer service is second to none .

Here is what i got

IMG_3551_zpsdh94pw3z.jpg

IMG_3624_zps0w7uisxz.jpg

IMG_3625_zpscbfapw2h.jpg

I got the Appliance Pacer wheels a few years ago , and they are starting to show their age so a freshen up was in order

IMG_3495_zpsn6jwbuav.jpg

IMG_3496_zpsufzec7bu.jpg

So they were sent off to Aerocoat in Great Yarmouth to be blasted and powder coated Black Chrome

IMG_3509_zpsrjy4u9zs.jpg

IMG_3511_zpseoywk9cl.jpg

IMG_3628_zpse8xdswom.jpg

IMG_3626_zps3hm3ufdy.jpg

The wheels look almost black in some lights and near chrome in others , I like them

I got an MOT on the van recently so was all set to head to Volksworld show on Saturday

Unfortunatley since fitting the wheels , some nuts on the rear nearside wheel came loose ending up with me stranded at the side of the A12 with no bolts and a loose wheel

PLEASE EVERYONE CHECK YOUR NUTS REGULARLY

especially if you have newly powder coated rims

Latest posts