1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it! Going up the shop Friday night to wire up my tacho and aux gauges. Got all the bits just need to get them fitted.

Can't wait to hit 7000 rpm up the A12 :D

Small update, received a speedo from Aspro today which is now being send to Tacho Thomas to be zero'd and re-calibrated to my front tyre size :) That way I can keep an eye on how many miles the new motor is covering.

And to see how fast it actually is :msn4:

:mrgreen:

Can Tacho Tomas re calibrate a standard speedo ? What's the cost etc

He can yes! The speedo I recivced from Chris is an OG VDO unit. The calibration is €10, service €30 and any repairs to the trip meter is €35. Then there is cost of parts & postage.

All systems go for Ninove! Bits left to fit: split charge system, exhaust thermo wrap & snap-straps, oil cooler, oil filter and lines. It's a must to get it done! The Eastern faction going to Ninove this year is a bit thin :( Myself & Hector in my bus and Krusty & his bro in law Marcus, should be a good trip though.

:lol: Did a bit last Saturday and had a Sunday planned as well but me & Hector went out drinking that night and got totally wankered so sunday didn't happen :roll: He's busy this weekend too but has changed jobs and finishes early so we'll be up there tinkering on school nights :mrgreen:

Been chipping away at the motor, extra wiring is all in and the oil lines are nearly done. Will be up there again Saturday night and all day Sunday :)

We had a new apprentice up the workshop last night.

Hector had to baby sit his girlfriend's daughter whilst she was at work so he brought her up with him. We both agreed old Volkswagens are much better than doll's :lol:

Spent the evening up the workshop, got a bit done :) Tidied the tacho wiring up and fitted kill switches for the fuel pump and ignition system.

Will be back up there tomorrow.

Latest posts