1971 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone :D

Thanks for the nice comments :) Nice to hear from you all - it's good to meet a few new people (and some old friends ;) )

Can't wait to collect it tomorrow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kimbo (Mrs Speedman!)

Well, we've finally got it now, went down to Bournemouth to collect yesterday with some friends(Dumbobus from here)

collected1.jpg

We headed home, stopping to fill up

collected2.jpg

and grab fish&chips by the pier

collected4.jpg

We took the lazy route home through the New Forest to get used to being on the wrong side of the van

collected5.jpg

Everything was going peachy until we ground to a halt on the M3 in the dark and again on the A33

collected7.jpg

Luckly Kavan had a spare battery as the one fitted wasn't charging up and after a second swap we got home at 8pm. The camper is going to our mechanic for a check up and the bloke we bought from has promised to cover the cost of sorting the dynamo and battery problems, so a happy ending (I hope :? )

Driving it across the New Forest with our friends behind was brilliant and we're both looking forward to many more roadtrips, we've got a Le Mans and bad camberg trip planned for the summer and lots of shows to get to 8)

Just waved goodbye to the camper for a few days....

trailer1.jpg

....its on its way to Berkshirebugs for a service and lowering session with Ashley, then hoepfully back with us for the weekend

trailer3.jpg

8)

Hi Speedman,

I saw your bus on the way to work this morning...looks good mate.

I'm looking forward to seeing it at the next BB meet.

Cheers

Veedunk

I've got a stalker :lol: :lol: :lol: Hopefully Ashley will have it sorted asap, hoping to debut at our club meet on sunday, if your a local chap and free this sunday afternoon, we meet in Bracknell, normally get a few BerkshireBugs along

Nice van, good to see some of you changing from the White OG. Mine is not such a common van this way!
Are you going to change the wheels too? If so what you going for?

Dropped a spline at the back and on BusBoy adjusters at the front, work done by Ashley at BerkshireBugs.

I'm keeping the stock steelies with hubcaps for a while, i quite like the look of them to be honest 8)

Just back from collecting Leonard from BerkshireBugs, we fitted the number plates and everything is sorted now (I hope), the lowering looks great in the daylight, just enough

AtBB.jpg

Whilst at Ashleys I had a hunt around the interior and found the original childs bunk that goes across the cab, with its poles and this pile of stuff

goodies.jpg

Maps are from the late 70s early 80s, the sick bags are clean and there are no sausages in the Frys bag :roll:

On the way back i stopped to fill up and got "out classic'd" at the pumps by a Cosworth powered RS2000

RS2000a.jpg

But now we're home and Leonard is back where he belongs in our carpark

leonard.jpg

off for a drive in a bit
8)

Just got back from a three hour crusie, popped in on my uncle to show off, drives great and no problems to report....apart from finding a BerkshireBugs screwdriver under the bed in the back, i'll let you have it back tomorrow Ash :wink:

lovely bus mate , i too like the stock wheel look . liking that scort too those mark 2 ones are the funky shit man !!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Latest posts