'69 Crewcab resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah fella been past a few times when a meet has been on, I also was at the swap meet a feew weeks back. Got my spring plates today so I'll put them on tomorrow and Ill pop down in the bus once the snow has cleared! :lol:

Chris.

Oh cool!! The swapmeet was an immense turn out i was well chuffed!! Yeah get your self down dude then i can have a nosey at your bus! :D

decided to go in for an hour today and leave the other half to here revision

Got the closing panel out :)
100110_141514.jpg

Then the tank mounts and opening for the fuel pipes etc
100110_144226.jpg

then hacked some more of the floor out
100110_150204.jpg

Ive asked around and flicked through here and it appears the brazilian floors arent up to the job.I spent a while measuring up so that i can have on made.Im either going to invest in / make a swager or get a the sheet folded by our sheet metal people. either way the finished artical wont like a stock one but im hoping it will look factory rather than a grafted in after thought.

Enjoying the thread , keep up the good work buddy, did you say you got the inner & outer sills from Schofields ?

Cheers dude :)

Yeah inner and outers are bothe from schoefields. The inner is the same as a stock bus (could quite easily be made if you had the time.) The outer is a splity long side repair panel which i will need to cut and shape to fit. They do whoever sell a mighty fine repair panel for under the rear door which looks as it fits a treat and is nice thick metal.

Me and my dad have been talking about making stainless sills for it in passing for ages now but seeing the repair panels and how easy they would be to make im seriously considering it :lol: :lol:

Ash.

young_dubya said:
Cheers dude :)

Me and my dad have been talking about making stainless sills for it in passing for ages now but seeing the repair panels and how easy they would be to make im seriously considering it :lol: :lol:

Ash.

That would be awesome :D

That it would :mrgreen: Dont know if itll come off but i might do it on the split wher i have some more time.

We have semi designed our swage roller now so hopefully start that in a day or so. Not that im in a mad rush. still got all the sills to do before i need a floor :lol:

i cannot wait to see this done :D then you can crack on with that dormy :lol: good work dude

Got a small amount done today
oday:rolleyes:

On a brighter note!! :rocknroll:

SOME GOODIES ARRIVED :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
These beautys are the new floor. I aint just putting sheet in dont worry:lol: Watch this space for our epic failure/sucess! :lol:
100114_095553.jpg

The bits on the floor are for our roll over frame :D

Now for the REALLY cool stuff!! These arrived from T2D today!!
100114_154915.jpg

Just waiting on the Kinkylink pin beam from vw classics and dropped spindles from transporterhaus. Then i can design my end plates and get those cut:D

Cheers dude!! Hoping my tyres will be in your capable hands before the summers out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heres to hoping! :lol:

Ive got this picture as the wallpaper on the works computer, home laptop and comp and my phone for insprirado!! Its awesome!

slam022.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Got a lil bit more done today. the bulk of the cargo floor is now.

Decided the best way to stop anything moving was to support the rear pillar/cargo area with something. we had some 50mm angle lying about so ive tacked it to each top hat section to stop any movement there and then fitted some uprights up to the the frames under the back. It looks a tad over kill and ive not seen anyone do this but theres alot of bus relying on the bits im going to cut out so i though better safe than sorry.
100116_174610.jpg

100116_174624.jpg

Just got to add some more belt and braces to the door frame now and i can lop the sil out to make way for the new uns!!:D:D

got the rest of my bracing in and got the majority of the sill out today,

100119_085714.jpg

The worst bits are the bits at the bottom of the strengtheners! Loads of bits of sheet metals all spot welded together that you can get in to cut with an angle grinder. Hopefully our plasma cutter will be fixed by the time i tackle the other side:lol::lol:
100119_134116.jpg

Should see a wee bit more progress tommorow but at the minute im managing about an hour a day if that. :( Roll on weekend:D

Man that's a lovely looking crewcab - and right hand drive, AND early metal dash - way cool.
Show some more pics as the work goes.
Good luck.

Well ive got the whole sill out now but my daily failed MOT on LOADS of welding last friday and agaon today on some more :roll: So ive been busy in my spare time tryna sort that out this week. :( Hopefully have the inner sill and the strentghner in by next sunday. As long as the F***IN bug doesnt fail again :lol:

Also Mr Wilson is sending me my linkpin beam and set of transporterhaus dropped spindles this week :mrgreen:

Ill post up as soon as i actually do summat. :lol:

o gutted dude i will let you of then as its a bug!
good luck with mot!...then focus :lol:

Latest posts