69 westy from Vista

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valentine Won

Reaction score
Hi
I have been on early bay for a little while but just not bothered to put any picci`s on probably because most of you guys seem to do so much yourselves and mine was restored for me. I have owned her for just over a year and i am the first registered keeper in the uk, as it says on the title she is from vista but the m plate says she went to boston first.
Here are some before pictures
166.jpg

165.jpg

164.jpg

164.jpg

162.jpg

161.jpg

160.jpg

159.jpg

158.jpg

157.jpg

156.jpg

155.jpg

154.jpg

153.jpg

My bus came over as an automatic with a corvair engine in but was shagged so replaced with a 1600 aircooled.
The body had a respray although the paintwork was ok to leave as it was,paint is pastel white L90D but should be pearl white but close enough to live with.
Interior westy furniture was good so just needed a clean, curtains were made by the wife and had a blackout and thermal lining sewn in, also new fabric for the seats.
Cab seats recovered in og looking basket weave and TMI door panels.
New seals all around as standard with a cali bus.
New poptop canvas.
Bumpers were sprayed with pastel white instead of white not given a choice but i think i do like it :?:
When i think of any thing else i will add on when and where and also if any one can help with the previous owner which was a company called Power sports connection in vista on postal way would be much appreciated looked it up on google map and there is a westy in there car park :shock: could it be mine :?:
028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

018.jpg

a.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

1.jpg

Changed the look slightly :?:
004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Black plate on the front, white on the back did not know what colour to go for so thought in time will change about and decide what i prefer.
I know it should be blue plates but did not want to be to obvious and be spotted by the rozzers

Something else i have always liked on a bus and was on a bus that pushed me towards owning an early bay.

003-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

Looking like a very nice van dude 8)

Take it she is driving good now.

Thanks Andy
Drives a bit rough on the bumps so when i have any money :roll: will have to invest in a decent set up
cheers shaun

cool looking bus, do love the look of american style number plates, will try to get some next year for mine,

if you dont mind me asking,
what happened to the U/S corvair engine as ive just got mine on the road and there might be usefull spare parts on your knackered one (if it still existes)

cheers Peter

dodge6x6 said:
cool looking bus, do love the look of american style number plates, will try to get some next year for mine,

if you dont mind me asking,
what happened to the U/S corvair engine as ive just got mine on the road and there might be usefull spare parts on your knackered one (if it still existes)

cheers Peter
Sorry mate the guy who restored my bus kept it ,don`t know if he still has it though :(
cheers shaun

Fitted last year just before going to cornwall ,its a westy style bar bought from graham l
really easy to fit and even did the electrics myself :shock:

2012-03-10140908.jpg

2012-03-10140937.jpg

2012-03-10141009.jpg

shaun

Yeh came over from the states with discs on the front but i do like the wide 5 steel wheels though
so one day would like to change :)

shaun

Valentine Won said:
Yeh came over from the states with discs on the front but i do like the wide 5 steel wheels though
so one day would like to change :)

shaun

If I didnt have wide5 ide convert to Porsche :msn4:

Latest posts