'70 bay...resto cal...restowagen type thing? dunno really?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed seeing your Bus in the flesh today, it really does rock!

Love the way you've personalized it :mrgreen:

Next time we'll have more than one Beer and I'll actually have my Bus :lol:

yeah....wouldve liked to have a butchers at ya bus si.... nevermind...next time!

cheers for the comments guys.... im really loving my bus at the moment...even the colour!!! :lol:

hi mate saw your bus on sunday, looked ace, wish i had taken mine.

so how did you get on in the show and shine? was hands down nicest bay IMO

cheers al...kind of you to say so!

took.....absolutly didley squat!!!! went to the late bay stocker in almost the same colours as mine....the one parked behind mine.....and it had a crappy rusty jk 2 bow rack on it!!!!! :lol:

ahhhh well..... ive entered quite a few show and shines and never got anywhere......
maybe i should take the hint! :mrgreen:

did they not realise that yours was a low lighter with pinstriping and hence no matter how good the other was yours was far superior? :lol:

some people just dont get it!!!!!! :mrgreen:

mmmmmm pinstriping!!!

IMG_7980.jpg

Yep, I missed you and Clem, stopped by your vans a few times but you must have been out enjoying the sun 8)

I find show and shines at those types of events are never very well judged, but that is because I am biased towards buses with the right attitude :mrgreen:

i could do ya some striping if you want....probably just charge ya the cost of a couple of tins of paint....
as im still learning.... i may take a while, lines might not be perfectly thin... and i may take a little time cleaning it up a bit...but hey you gotta start somewhere!!!

same goes for anyone wanting anything done?!?!?

im in exeter...your quite a way away!!!!

thru_a_lupe said:
i could do ya some striping if you want....probably just charge ya the cost of a couple of tins of paint....
as im still learning.... i may take a while, lines might not be perfectly thin... and i may take a little time cleaning it up a bit...but hey you gotta start somewhere!!!

same goes for anyone wanting anything done?!?!?

im in exeter...your quite a way away!!!!

Hey dude!

You're more than welcome to practice on my bus if ya like! I'm in Gillingham, Dorset

just a quick note to say a genuine thank you for all the great comments that I have recieved about my bus....
its really nice especially as most of my club seem to raise their eyebrows or shake their heads.... and then nick name me things like accessories perv etc etc yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah!!!! even worse that most of them seem to be getting rid of their aircooleds and turning to T4s....wtf?!?

i really have a new confidence in my bus.... which is great as i had considered getting rid of it not long ago....

so thank you!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

thru_a_lupe said:
just a quick note to say a genuine thank you for all the great comments that I have recieved about my bus....
its really nice especially as most of my club seem to raise their eyebrows or shake their heads.... and then nick name me things like accessories perv etc etc yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah!!!! even worse that most of them seem to be getting rid of their aircooleds and turning to T4s....wtf?!?

i really have a new confidence in my bus.... which is great as i had considered getting rid of it not long ago....

so thank you!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Much credit dood, its just about perfect and thats what makes people not like it as they are always trying to get somewhere near but fall from the mark ;) Carry on what your doing its all top marks from me, i think its sick 8)

I've had similar comments about accessorising my bus from club members at shows. They are totally into standard height and stock resto mode, they would still be getting around on cross ply tyres if they could. Well if that's their game they can play it, in the meantime I'll play with my bus the way I like to.
I've done about 35,000 km since I rebuilt mine in 2002 while most of theirs have not done 3500 in the same time.
Your bus is terrific, I love the rear safari (wonder if one on a panel van would be gauche) the colour is perfect and the stance too.
David

Latest posts