'70 bay...resto cal...restowagen type thing? dunno really?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dood, did you have any trouble getting the back centre cap to fit the wheels, i.e over the castle nut? ;) You have normal drum brakes yea? 8)

Absolutley loving this bus :mrgreen: How have i missed it? So wanted those wheels on my van, and nice pinstriping.

thru_a_lupe said:
easy said:
dood, did you have any trouble getting the back centre cap to fit the wheels, i.e over the castle nut? ;) You have normal drum brakes yea? 8)

no trouble at all!!!!

Thank you Sir 8)

Get some of your new pics on here instead of hi-jacking Ez's thread :lol:
Pull your finger out dude :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
Get some of your new pics on here instead of hi-jacking Ez's thread :lol:
Pull your finger out dude :mrgreen:

exactly! 8) :lol:

yeah that sure told me!!!! :lol:

Id love to get some of my new pics on here... but volksworld camper and bus have first rights to them!!!! ;)

hows tricks with you boys?!?

Show off :lol: , I'm missing camping, it's been over a week since Vanfest and 5 weeks till Final Fling. I need my camper van fix :lol:
Still looking to trick my bus :mrgreen:

I want a bus feature, feel left out :( :lol: (bloody white westy's) :lol:

'bout time for an update.....
after spending the whole summer cruising round with no front suspension travel (and my back giving out on the way back from jamboree as a result) my wagenswest spindles finally turned up... so it was up to bens unit to get them fitted.....

DSCF4552.jpg

DSCF4554.jpg

got em on.... re-adjusted the adjusters a little..... and it looked cool as fook.... and the perfect height....

DSCF4555.jpg

couldnt get it out of the yard though....too low!!!!!

a little more adjustment and im good to go!

a couple of weeks later and its off to final fling....

me, windsurfer and scott wilson all lined up...

091024NorthDevonFinalFling32-1.jpg

was a cracking weekend in all.... apart from the front suspension settled down and basically ploughed the beam end plates into the tarmac every bump!!!! that was a slow trip home at 30mph! it was so low that the front of my side step ws only 1.5 cm off the ground!!!!

so....whats the best thing about working at exeter college?!?! the fact we have a motor vehicle department with its own fully equipped work shop that i can get access to during half term!!!!

DSCF4645.jpg

DSCF4646.jpg

DSCF4650.jpg

got in there and re-adjusted the front suspension....again.... got it just right now though...good stance and ride height/quality! then preceeded to underseal the underside..... all in all a good days work!!!

once that was done.... cruised over to my folks place and whipped out the engine ready for a spruce up

DSCF4672.jpg

DSCF4680.jpg

have bought a few new shiney bits and have some new tinware which i have painted and pinstriped....
also gonna tidy up the engine bay and the wiring etc as this has been letting the bus down since ive had it...
test fit of new fanhouse...

DSCF4687.jpg

so thats where it is at present.... at my folks place on axle stands sans engine!

jp :mrgreen:

and sorry to ez for hijacking his thread... i'll stick my pics on my own thread!!!
one of the shots for camper and bus.....

OBK797H2009.jpg

Looks nice mate , So when is the C&B write up hitting the shelves then ??? 8)

cheers for comments guys!!!
chuffed with the engine so far..... worked on it all day today!!! it looks like an engine again!!!

c&b.....your guess is as good as mine!!!! but hopefully not too soon as i want to send some images of the finished engine!!!

pinstriping..... yeah dead chuffed!

heres the crack.... i am willing to offer free pinstriping to anyone that wants it...i need the practice..... just buy me a tin of paint and a beer!!! bear in mind though.... it may take me a while as i am no neil melliard and im not good enough to do it in half an hour at a show yet!!!.... im based in exeter!!!!!
so drop by if you want..... you may have to leave the ride with me..... or send me your engine lid by courier!!! :lol:

Latest posts