'72 crosser westy (not a resto just a get it going)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What seal you get for the tailgate? The Brazilian or german one?

Heard the brazil one aint a very good fit?

Missus just ordered me german one for xmas present

Sliding door seal is easy to fit if sills are original. Don't need glue

Mine was fine all way round except the sill bit due to being a klokerholm panel. Just used a bit contact adhesive on that bit

Just a good second hand one for pennies which has fitted like a dream. If it stays dry I'm happy :lol: the sliding door seal is a black one so I'm not expecting a great fit.... But at £10 I'll take a punt :mrgreen:
I have a couple of JK side window seals coming in a couple of days, I will need a glamorous assistant with some cord to help me with those..... *cough mark!
Only fitting one at present as I need to source a sliding door glass to replace the Westy window that's in there as I don't want two of them on the bus

bertiethebus said:
Just a good second hand one for pennies which has fitted like a dream. If it stays dry I'm happy :lol: the sliding door seal is a black one so I'm not expecting a great fit.... But at £10 I'll take a punt :mrgreen:
I have a couple of JK side window seals coming in a couple of days, I will need a glamorous assistant with some cord to help me with those..... *cough mark!
Only fitting one at present as I need to source a sliding door glass to replace the Westy window that's in there as I don't want two of them on the bus

In Manchester on a stag do this weekend!, Next weekend though? Take it you need non deluxe seals as I have 2 deluxe ones still for sale lol

Remember me for 1st dibs on westy window! one of mine looks like the mechanism is fecked.

Webbaldo said:
bertiethebus said:

In Manchester on a stag do this weekend!, Next weekend though? Take it you need non deluxe seals as I have 2 deluxe ones still for sale lol

Remember me for 1st dibs on westy window! one of mine looks like the mechanism is fecked.
No worries matey I'm off next weekend (well Friday and Saturday)

Ok so progress has been slower than a week in jail :lol:
Need to replace a side window and tailgate window rubber and need some help.......
What is the best cord to use to install? Any tips and hints would be great as I ain't done it before and I'm on my own with our lass to hold bits :oops:

Rear glass in (thanks to Steve at restore and more)
Gearbox in, tank back in, drive shafts fitted.... And tried the mirrors for good measure lol

Need to refit the steering wheel now the bush has been replaced

Bloody hell! Nothing's gonna sneak up on you with those mirrors :lol:
Looking awesome. And bonus points for working in the snow :mrgreen:
Any news on the engine?

Aye they are canny big :lol:
Engine wise, I've got a 1500sp which will be fitted for now, I have a 1600tp long block coming end of the month which will get some attention at some point funds permitting. Hoping the 1500 will do for this season :msn4:

Great work so far and at the speed you are working should be ready for the spring ;)

gninnam said:
Great work so far and at the speed you are working should be ready for the spring ;)

Cheers :) engine will be at the weekend when I wake up (nightshifts :msn4: )
Then I'll pop the steering back on and I'm awaiting my pal giving the wiring a poke and a prod as if it were left to me to sort.... I'd burn the bus down before even connecting the battery :lol:
Got a couple of bits for the brakes from restore and more today which was a massive help

Slow down Gav. Make it a fair race. Ready Durham massive ................

LeeC, Webbaldo, Bertiethebus, DubBGood2Me. On your marks, get set, go .............................

First one to attend a show in their bus gets a slab of beer :shock:

DubBGood2Me said:

LeeC, Webbaldo, Bertiethebus, DubBGood2Me. On your marks, get set, go .............................

Deal..... I drink Stella.... Just so you know what to buy in :mrgreen: :msn4:

DubBGood2Me said:

Think I'll be getting the wooden spoon :D

If I had the budget it'd be finished in a week :msn4:

Bertiebus I reckon will win or you with your limitless budget!

LeeC s is running but it is Lee! 100page resto!

Webbaldo said:
DubBGood2Me said:

Think I'll be getting the wooden spoon :D

If I had the budget it'd be finished in a week :msn4:
Matey I'm here to help you any time you need it. I can make tea and coffee and pass scanners :mrgreen:

Wiring loom due this week! Then need to solve the problem of how to Jack up the van sideways on a sloped drive. Ooer

I've got at least 2 T5s to sort out before I can even look at mine!!!
Also just buying the thing wiped out my budget!!!! :lol:

Well that's my excuses in early!!!

Lee C said:
I've got at least 2 T5s to sort out before I can even look at mine!!!!

Bloody T5 owners. The cheek of it.

Is mine finished yet :lol:

bertiethebus said:
DubBGood2Me said:

I didn't state the quality of beer. Lidl special brew me thinks

DubBGood2Me said:
Lee C said:
I've got at least 2 T5s to sort out before I can even look at mine!!!!

Bloody T5 owners. The cheek of it.

Is mine finished yet :lol:

bertiethebus said:
DubBGood2Me said:

I didn't state the quality of beer. Lidl special brew me thinks
:lol: is that so you can save money for the bus??? :mrgreen:

Latest posts