'72 crosser westy (not a resto just a get it going)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today I had a go at flattening some of the short term fix bodge :mrgreen:
Then figured anything is better then the battered front so rolled a few coats on

Boshed a spare wheel cover back on for now

And the finished product

The colour match is canny good for 44year old faded paint 8)
Once it's fully hardened I'll polish the whole bus up and wax it

Maybe the left eye or the wine but that looks fine to me :lol: :lol:
Good job there, coming along nicely.

J & P
:D :D :D

to be honest it looks mint..... from about 10 feet away.... through a frosted glass window :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
but anything was better than the old look!
cheers chaps 8)

phil_n said:
Good work.

I've just spied my bus on the trailer photobombing yours!
Your bus is the NUTS mate! The interior is to die for, super clean and the lowering job has given it a fantastic stance! 8) 8)
Seeing yours has made me decide that I'm going to have them lower mine the same way!

Cheers mate, they are good pals of mine so I wouldn't have bought a bus from anywhere else 8)
However.... I might have been persuaded to have the Westy adventure wagon roof fitted to my bus too!
Steve is sound and I was most grateful for the workshop time on my bus as they are chocka block with work.

Well the bus is home again for the start of the interior and to pull the leaky motor for Bob to sort..... Mixed emotions about it really as I wanna drive it when the dvla confirm they have all of my paperwork on the system, but I can't trust it's not going to let me down with the amount of oil it's dropping :oops:
Hoping good Friday will see the interior panels all cut and fitted as I'm working Saturday and Zombie Jesus day too :mrgreen: :lol:

Well I'm no joiner (my old man is and he was supposed to be helping me today but, the sun was out and he blew me out to take my mother out for lunch :shock: :lol: )
So I took the huff, went and bought a jigsaw and got this far....

I've varnished the panels that are fitted. Will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday if the weather is ok when I'm next off work to sort the cab and sliding doors and tailgate.

Our lass was a godsend when flexing the roof panels in and making me cups of tea.... By 4pm they had morphed into vodka and Coke :lol: :lol:

Marshy said:
Looking good, got your plates yet?
Nope.... :roll: spoken to the dvla on wed and they said ring Tuesday as they were processing the 11th, I posted mine 12th so would be 14th before it landed :?
Engine coming out Monday so it's not going anywhere

Varnish, sand, varnish, sand.... You get the idea :roll:

And in other news YOD 664K is on the prowl 8) 8) :lol:
Well, until tomorrow, then I'm pulling the engine after work for dustrat to fettle for me :msn4: :lol:

Dvla have been really good when I've called and the guy I spoke to this morning confirmed everything and it should arrive in the mornings post.

So what next?

Sand, varnish, sand, varnish.........

Well the engine is being a pig! It's now back in and leaking oil at the same rate as before. It needs stripping and rebuilding. I'm going to run it for a few short journeys and check how much oil it's dumping. At this rate I won't be using it as planned this year and will be turning up to shows in the fucking newbie beetle with my rapido in tow :evil:
Nowt like a good hard kick in the nuts via your wallet to ruin your mood

Latest posts