anti roll bar kit fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerald2613

Reaction score
bought the anti roll bar bush kit to replace my worn out stuff, from gsf, ,,turned into a mare, spent best part of 4 hours trying to get the sod to fit, easy to come off, but trying to clamp it to get the sliding piece on, done my head in,, is there a easy way to fit , then it started raining,lol cuppa tea,and sod it ,lol any suggestions lads thanks :(

A combination of mole grips and a hammer usually works, 2 pairs of mole grips squeeze the edge together where the pin slides on and tap the pin over the 2 lips , slowly moveing the mole grips down, one at a time while taping the pin on a bit more , once you have got it on a good half way you can just tap it all the way home then with the mole grips off , it is a faff but usually works , the gsf ones are easier than the heavy duty JK ones believe it or not , lol

As above, but I also use a G clamp to hold it in place, since it can be adjusted as you go.

Trikky2 said:
As above, but I also use a G clamp to hold it in place, since it can be adjusted as you go.
yeh spot on, just been out used 2 square 1/4" bars ,where the sliding thing goes, then sqeezed them with g clamp managed to get them close enough, then put sliding thing on and gave it a bit of welly sliding clamp down as we go, bend tab at bottom, and i never swore once,,, :D ,,doddle,,oh then about 8 cups of tea,

Latest posts