Calling all bikers (of the motor variety)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpete

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a bike after a few years of just driving cars, and I've decided to get myself a Triumph Bonneville. The question I've got is, do those of you with bikes keep them outside? I've only ever kept mine in the garage but there's a bus in there now. Do I need to do anything special, will I wreck it? Am I worrying about nothing?

It'll be covered up in a tent type thing over the winter months - it's just the time from now - Oct/Nov I'm wondering about.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Pete

If your new bike will fit ... get it inside! I always store my bikes in the garage to avoid theft, accidental damage and long term deterioration due to weather. My garage is 3m wide x 6m long x 3m high inside and holds all sorts of treasures including my bus (now on jack stands during winter), Honda VFR800, Suzuki SV650S, 2 VW engines, a stack of winter/summer tires, tools, canoe, kayak, several bicycles, garbage & recycling bins and shelving loaded with junk. The bus can be driven in & out without moving anything more than a bicycle. The motorcycle I ride daily needs to be walked in & out without moving anything.

8) Vfr800 mmmmmmmm. I have a ninja 600 fast enough for me. I also have a gs500 I use for commuting. Back to the garage a bike won't take up much room on a centre stand.

My garage is also very small, I have to take the bus out to jump on my bike :mrgreen:

IMG_1219_zpsyfcmz4p4.jpg

thejinx said:
8) Vfr800 mmmmmmmm. I have a ninja 600 fast enough for me. I also have a gs500 I use for commuting. Back to the garage a bike won't take up much room on a centre stand.

Your Ninja 600 will definitely keep up with the VFR800, if not spank it as it has a 40kg weight advantage and much different power delivery. Being very flickable and light my SV650S was the perfect bike for me, not too fast but not too slow either, until I decided to take my son riding often. I had to wait for him to grow until I could find track leathers that would fit him properly.

EeVeeWee said:
My garage is also very small, I have to take the bus out to jump on my bike :mrgreen:

IMG_1219_zpsyfcmz4p4.jpg

This reminds me of when I had to move my bus, which I had parked too close in front of the garage door, just before going for a ride. Next time I will take off my helmet to avoid banging the crap out of it in the bus :lol:

Love your Duc! :D

Bikes in the garage - bus is on the drive under a cover :lol:

My bus and bikes are outside :cry:

You can buy a house for the price of a garage near me :lol:

Never had an issue with the bike as I use it as a daily. Only keep under a strm cover when the weathers really bad or on holiday. Have a security hoop concreted in to the patio to secure to.

My CB550 looks a bit worse for wear after two years in the elements, the cover keeps the rain and sun off but it's the damp that does the damage

May well sell it this spring as I just don't get time to ride :(

This post has just saved be lots of aggro! :lol: Rebuilding a new home for my bikes.

I would like to get my newly acquired bus into the garage so I got my tape measure out. The plan is to maybe re house the bikes but sadly my bus is 18 inches too long to fit in the garage so it will have to stay outside :cry:

Latest posts