DORMOBILE PICS PLEASE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paddy is a nice ride how many years has it taken to get it looking like that.

Thanks for the kind words. Some more pics of the project to enjoy.

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

Oct08001.jpg

I bought him 4 years ago from an 82 year old guy who had him since new and have spent the last three getting it to this point. Since then the van has gone through a full interior retrim, the bodywork has been repainted (origonal colour again) with little work needed, and to finish have uprated to an 1835cc engine. Not a daily driver although certainly see's plenty of use in the better months and is most definitley a keeper.....

Best of luck with yours and remember its your van and yours to do as you like with it ......

Enjoy !

Cheers "paddy" it a nice clean van mate less is more. I hope my vans turns out half as good as yours and I will be a happy boy. How did you lower the front and by how much and one last thing what colour is paddy

wow I'm loving Paddy - what a beauty! Where did you get the chrome steering column and how do you find the shifter?
Here's mine so far:
pics_%20094.jpg

neptune blue with lotus white
more pics of it in progress over the years...not done a propersite yet:
http://www.hackneyempire.com/images
no interior at present I'm afraid....planning to replace/update old one along lines of Paddy I guess...
Incidentally have just had a catalogue from Dormobile with lots of lovely new parts.If anyone interested I can scan in and send (next week) or get your own on 01794 830831/ http://www.dormobile.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
cheers n goodluck!
Rob

To those who asked Paddy is I believe Neptune Blue.

The chrome steering column is the origonal which I took to a chrome plater I found in the yellow pages under chrome and nickel plating, charged me £40 to do and I think sets it off nicely.

The gear shifter in a gene berg I picked up at the volksworld show last yea, although it has an empi handle on, so perhaps why was not obviousr. Def one of the best investments I have made as really sorts out the wallowy gear change.

We restored this one last summer. It's VW QUINEBLAU H5k is the code

DSCN0884.jpg

And it looked like this when we got it

DSC04849.jpg

they just look right on a lowerdered van how much did you pay and where did you get them. Or do you know a place that sells them.

no one sells em new.... bumper over riders are period US spec. There are quite a few second hand parts suppliers that have them occasionally or just keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section on here, VZI and also on ebay.
I got mine from a vw importers called south west splitz...but they were the last set Gav had.

Also expect to have to refurb them as they are 40 odd years old and are there to protect the bumper! you may need to source new rubbers for em too.

mine cost 100 notes for the full set but needed repainting but luckily the rubbers were okay....if a little cracked!

this guy, mark who lives about 10 miles from me is selling some.....
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11547" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts