DORMOBILE PICS PLEASE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine........

DSC01288.jpg

1rake.jpg

Here's mine as it WAS....

_MG_4788.jpg

_MG_4882.jpg

Currently nearing the end of a 4 week Rolling-Resto, will post pics when its done but its looking WAYYYYY different 8)

hi guys all being well and test drive is ok i should have it dinner time tomorrow :D :D

Got my van and it's chanti red will post pics when I get back off holiday

Sign up to any of the free up load photo imageing web sites e.g photobucket, upload your photos, then copy & paste the image code, insert this in to your post.

My 1970 Dromy in it's current state,it should be complete in 2 weeks,well mostly it's always those little jobs that take the longest.Also all those old parts that looked ok before would now look awful on there so they all need replacing.

10072009206.jpg

VWAIRCOOLED said:
My 1970 Dromy in it's current state,it should be complete in 2 weeks,well mostly it's always those little jobs that take the longest.Also all those old parts that looked ok before would now look awful on there so they all need replacing.

10072009206.jpg

Cool - what colour have you gone for there? Looks very simlar to mine.

When I was first looking for an early bay I went to see a 1968 all grey RHD Dormy not too far from me. It was on ebay. It had been garaged for 4 years.
It was amazing, it had been ziebarted from new and the only rust was on the rear of the gutters where he had an original roof rack fitted. It had never been welded. The rubber had gone brittle but there was no sign of rot around the appetures. There were two tiny dents and that was it! :shock: He had rebiult the engine himself which sounded really sweet and he had taken the bus to Spain and the South of France on a number of occasions with his family. I remember the rear drawer above the engine cover had a full 'keep it running' set of spares. Ignition, wheel bearings, carb parts, shoes, drums etc etc and all included in the sale :shock:

I still kick myself today having been pipped to the post on bidding. I bid a shade over £3000 right down to the wire but someone stuffed me up at the death. It sold for £3150!! gutted :cry:
I often wonder where it is now

Latest posts