engine issues help please ;(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirksta01

Reaction score
hey guys where do i start ;( ... my 1600 single port when i first got my van 4 years ago the van run fine infact pretty nippy and pulled well for 1600 now over the last year or so i have lost alot of power and now when i come out of a corner and plant my foot it hessitates splutters until it builds up and then it gets going but still power loss there i have tightened the head as it was loose ,done the valve clearences fitted new coil new fuel pump and filter new dizzy plugs leads ,timing and still getting the problem now my carb is a aftermarket one i have stripped it cleaned it and still no go i had a 009 dizzy on without vacume advance and now changed it to power sparks vacume advanced dizzy and it still hesitates under load and still a great loss of power the only way i can tell you is that it seems to make the noise like its really fast but doesnt move too fast any diagnostc ???? thanks any help would be great

IF it" makes a noise like its going fast"could be a slipping clutch,check the adjustment.has the pedal got free play?

Latest posts