Fuel/breather hose

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89Rallye

Reaction score
Firstly appologies if this is in the wrong place but its not really technical as such,

This is lazy I know and I probably wont get an answer (well not a sensible one anyway!) but im trying to order fuel/breather lines for my tank but I cant get out to the van to measure anything and non of the dealers list quantites/lengths.

Does anyone know approx/exact lengths for fuel lines, tank breather lines and also main tank filler pipe for a 71.

Also just to confirm,

Main filler 56mm internal dia

Fuel pipe - 5mm - 7mm

Servo pipe - 10mm

Breather - 7/8 mm

Ohh,

One more, brake pipe resivoir to master cylinder only im mounting the resivoir where they are on a late behind the seat.

I bought all mine off ebay, just guessed the lengths as it was by the meter and bought more than enough

Where's your resivoir now, mines behind the front seat

Yeah it's going behind the front seat now as it's running a servo,

Don't mind guessing with the cheaper stuff as I've got three vans to do but with the price of the fuel filler that's a different matter.

Found a place that does 150mm lengths so I'd need two but you have to buy three for one complete length :shock: if that makes sense.

Is thought the dealers would give an approximation on there sites but I guess that'd open them up to complaints when it doesn't fit. Not to mention people would get the information off them then go to a shop that does have VW tax on top of there prices.

For fuel filler pipe try here. Give Chris a ring and he'll cut it to whatever length you want.

http://www.chrisprince.co.uk/parts/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts