Hello - New project 69 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AD4M said:
Hi Jon

I don't know what your talking about, my rear corner is sorted. :lol:

It was a thousand times worse before Leon and my brother did some panel beating. The rear corner is at the bottom of my very long list! After all I think it gives the van a bit of character.

I only replaced about 4 small sections under the windscreen as I wanted to keep as much of the original metal as possible. Although better than other panels the classic fab panel still didn't line up 100% perfect.

I have some mounts bought off a guy that makes kits on ebay. I wish I had made them to be honest as there is nothing to them! I've just found that the bellows on my callipers are shot, which is going to slow things down.

I've got 25mm PCD adapters on the back which means I dont have the issue of centre caps not fitting but I might have a problem with tyres rubbing on inside of the rear quarter panel. I was planning on running 205 60 15s but am now looking at 175 or 185s

My rear corner is shot!

IMG_65551.JPG

but managed to get this from FBI :)

4DB673DFFE2C1A225E360B57674145778.jpg

Mounts - Where they transporterhaus by any chance?

Where did you get your adapters from? got any pics?

Check out my build thread and you will see just how similar our buses are :lol:

I run 205/60/15 on my teledials with no issues .
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the same as my adapters. They are huge and weigh a ton!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Butty/media/For%20Sale%20Stuff/wide5toporsche.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure who they were off now they are the same as the transporter haus ones tho. I think there is a guy on the samba that sells them for around £100.

AD4M said:
These are the same as my adapters. They are huge and weigh a ton!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Butty/media/For%20Sale%20Stuff/wide5toporsche.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure who they were off now they are the same as the transporter haus ones tho. I think there is a guy on the samba that sells them for around £100.

OK cheers, I know who makes them

Thanks

Jon.

Hi Stu
What width and offset are your wheels? Mine are et52.3.and are 7 inches wide. I also have 25mm butties 5x205 to 5x130 pcd adapters.

Mine are 7x15 et52 , I use to run adaptors no issues but I modified them to the creative latebay hub kit 5x130 stud pattern , I had to use spacers to get the tyres sitting away from the springplate adjusters . Hope this helps .
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abit more stripping this evening :lol:

Not far off being ready for a lick of paint.

Did abit of cleaning underneath aswell.

Got carried away with the oven cleaner and took some of the factory wax off. Pretty gutted!

I also prepped the brake calipers aswell. They will need seals before they see any paint.

Thanks Stu.

We're your adapters 25mm. I don't have much room between the wheel and arch lip. I guess I won't really know how much room I've got till the van is on the ground and has the engine and gearbox in.

So rear brakes and adjustable spring plates are now fitted and painted up. The van is now back on four wheels for the time being. What a nightmare it was turning it around! Having no driveway and a sloped garden didn't help!

However the van is now back in the garage and I
n a position where I can get the front brakes changed.

Pulled out of the garage witg my next project. I've even been concidering putting the mk3 vr6 engine in the van.

Not made much progress over the last few weeks. However I did have some extra helping hands at the week.

I did manage to get some paint on the beam and bits and pieces whilst they extra help was on lunch.

Latest posts