Luke and Hannah's new wagon!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mate

Sorry being a bit thick seen as yours is a sunroof deluxe, no the Panel doesn't have belly pans!!, oil filter location will still be OK but I see your point about the cooler unless it would fit under the battery tray on the other side?, or put your filter in the engine bay and run the cooler under the leisure battery side, I've seen filters mounted in the engine bay before (bit messier when changing them though)

Yeah I'd rather keep it all outside the engine bay, and I'd rather not stretch oil lines right across to underneath the other battery either. Besides I had the oil filter lines made to length and they weren't cheap! :lol:

Anyways, had a good day today as I got the engine all plumbed in and it still runs sweet as I remember. The clutch also works properly for the first time since I had it, no grinds or groans and no fighting for reverse. Amazing how much pressure a KEP clutch has when it's working properly!

So I drove her out of the barn for a quick snap earlier...

CIMG3357.jpg

CIMG3356.jpg

CIMG3355.jpg

CIMG3358.jpg

Sitting pretty good now. :msn4:

I like it Slammed!! I've just noticed how close your registration number is to mine.. Probably a common occurance that I've missed though :oops:

Thanks mate, I'm pretty chuffed with it now.

Yeah, there is also an EPV 52H and EPV 64H round here too I think.

On my 69 bay I found that a shallow sump did a lot more to dissipate oil heat than the mesa oil cooler did. I live in AZ. (US) oil temps are a big deal so I paid close attention to this on both my 2010 volks rod and my 1775 bus motor. The oil coolers just didn't work for me.
This is all just fyi. Of course. ;)

Oops 1776 bus motor; by the way I really like your bus. Keeper going strong

Yeah, I don't have any overheating issues though, I want a bigger capacity without running a deep sump and a filter and cooler gives me an extra litre or so on top of stock.

Thnaks for the words though. I'm actually going to run my bus with a temp gauge with and then without the sump to see what difference it makes. I think in the UK its a matter of a couple of degrees C at best.

Been another busy week on the old girl.

Spent yesterday on the phone to GSF who are adament their clutch cables are suitable for LHD or RHD. They're not, so be warned. Just order one from Heritage, they know what they are talking about!

Got my cooler mocked up where I want it...

CIMG3379.jpg

Which enabled me to get my oil lines made up. Turns up if you name drop at Pirtek in Norwich they pretyy much half the price!

Also a got some other bitsthrough as well...

CIMG3381.jpg

So good bye dirty great deep sump.

Also off to look at a new interior in a bit. :msn4:

Well I finally have somewhere comfortable to sleep when I go and collect it.

CIMG3382.jpg

You may recognise it from a certain fairly famous panel van. :msn4:

Picked up me interior from Matt of the Mazness today, and I'm well stoked with it!

167792_500312258826_510453826_6094362_126993_n.jpg

Thanks Matt!

Slammed said:
Thanks Matt!

You are welcome mate. I'm glad your pleased with it and that it's gone to a good home :D

Is there a white stain I see on the cushion already ;)

Good to see the bus today, it's looking good with the wheels.......just wish I could drive mine :(

Matt Maz said:
You are welcome mate. I'm glad your pleased with it and that it's gone to a good home :D
:mrgreen:

Matt Maz said:
Is there a white stain I see on the cushion already ;)
Jizz, I was THAT excited! :msn4:

Matt Maz said:
Good to see the bus today, it's looking good with the wheels.......just wish I could drive mine :(
Thankyou, makes it worth the effort when people say good stuff! 8)

Latest posts