M.O.f#@#'ing T

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
It's a failure - and costly. It seems that the shocks I had done for last year's MOT have disintegrated, the garage replaced them last year has gone bust so no come back, there. Not good news for the new engine they fitted either, although it seems to be doing fine.

If you're thinking shocks ... can't be that much .... one of several things.

Aarrrgh!

Just about to collect mine after it's MOT...no idea of the price....

Shox x4 (old and crap so that isn't too bad, hopefully wont bounce down the road anymore scrapping the beam)
Drive shaft boots x2 (18mths old...poor)
Front chassis leg rebuild (PO patched and patch them :evil: ....it has been coming :roll: )
....Brake (front to back) hard line burst during the MOT :shock: .....bl**dy servo brakes ;)

I love my bus :mrgreen:

Thats a boo dood! i had a new beam last time! the fun of the MOT :roll: im afraid. 8)

Just to rub it in, mine passeed it's MOT on Tuesday with no advisories. shweet!! :D :D :D :D

Lets see a list of the failures, i'm sure theu are things yo can sort out yourself.

first things first, did it fail on Welding ?

they carnt fail the drive shaft boots :!: :!:
rear engine rear drive 100% not an mot fail :evil: and tell them i did then they passed it :D

unfortunately time is against me - 4 weeks til trip to Austria, no time pduring the week and prescious little time over the remaining few weekends to get it all sorted.

The final list involves - no brakelights (didn't know that), no rear left brake, front shocks, steering rack clip, one door doesn;/t open very well from the outside, some other things, posasible problem with lights being too high .... I've got the guy to start fixing it all.

steering rack conversion :?: sounds like your mot tester needs to do a refreser course dun mots for 29 years and when i had to take them else ware (lost unit with mot bay long story ) i found poor standards and just total numpteys.one failed bay for corrosion by engine mountings under rules for vehicles with seperate chassis,twat.5 day course no mecanical nolage .speelin mistak. and you can be a tester,discrasfull.must learn how to spel

mjknight71 said:
....Brake (front to back) hard line burst during the MOT :shock: .....bl**dy servo brakes ;)

:mrgreen:

I don't mean to come across as an arsehole, but what has the servo got to do with it and
just be grateful the pipe burst on the MOT and not down the high street with a kiddy in a pram in front of you. Most failures are down to lack of or poor maintanance. My brakes failed recently, because I had not checked the rear brakes as regularly as I should. Thankfully the only casualties were my nerves and underpants. My point is, constantly folk complain about the MOT test (yes, sometimes the tester can be a bit picky) but in light of the above surely it has to be a good thing?

My MOT place is very camper friendly, (1 of the testers owns a late bay) so if there is anything wrong he simply comes to the waiting room and shows me exactly what the issue is as he knows that there is no way that his company could supply the parts.

None of your failure list is anything bad, all do-able at home

I think the thing with MOT testers is to keep swapping them untill you find a decent one, Then get your whole family to use them, get a nice frendship going and you will be fine, I have a mint MOT Tester, if he has a query we both go to his computer and look it up on the system, he even prints stuff out for me to keep!

and I get an MOT for £35 :)

i always tell my mate who is my mot inspector to give my car the harshest mot possible so i get a true idea of how my cars are, then he turns a blind eye to the lack of catalytic converter and black number plate etc so we can concentrate on the truely important bits like brakes and suspension etc. i'd prefer to live over here or in germany etc where mots are strict, than dice it in america with the questionable wrecks that they drive around in :lol:
every car should have the abillity to pass an mot every day of the year.

Pete B said:
mjknight71 said:

:mrgreen:

I don't mean to come across as an arsehole, but what has the servo got to do with it and
just be grateful the pipe burst on the MOT and not down the high street with a kiddy in a pram in front of you. Most failures are down to lack of or poor maintanance. My brakes failed recently, because I had not checked the rear brakes as regularly as I should. Thankfully the only casualties were my nerves and underpants. My point is, constantly folk complain about the MOT test (yes, sometimes the tester can be a bit picky) but in light of the above surely it has to be a good thing?

not complaining glad it burst then.......as you say could have been much much worse.....the dailies brakes failed the other day on a round about just glad I was awake and pumped ;)

.....brake pipe on mine was hidden inside a conduit just after the balance thingy...so would have been hard to see........the guy who does the work had never seen it done that way before.......

servo conversion.....increased pressure :?: old pipes leak :?:

Latest posts