My 69 Tin Top Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mates all say I'm mad for not buing your wheels, as much as i think they would look cool, I had to go for the steels :(

AxlFoley said:
no dont do that lol, it will work, just make sure you have all the right parts first, so far i have bought

Caliper brackets
Calipers
hubs
Caliper rebuild kit
Caliper paint (Red for that bit of bling)
master cilinder

Still needed

full set of wheels (must be ET 53 or 53)
braided hoses
new disks
new pads

but its the wheels that are holding me back, I just cant get the ones i want with the right offset!

I alsowant to check if the bay braided hoses will fit the calipers, or if i will need a custom set made! or 944 ones.

Mark
What year 944 did you get the brakes from? Thanks Luis

Got a set from Dubfreeze and a spare set (curently for sale) from ebay.

I Finaly got my Porsche wheels yesterday, all i need now are bearings disks and pads and they can finaly be fitted!!

I just hope the wife doesnt drop our second born first!! lol

what rims did you get in the end mate? nelly's rims would have looked awsome on your bus. just red banded in black they would look cool.

I managed to get a complete set of Porsche spare wheels, with new tyres (165 x15!!!) et52 from a Porsche braker, only problem is the wife has allready told me she doesnt like them!!

will you be running caps or just nice looking bolts. women eh they always have an opinion when the hard work has bben done :D get some pics up mate im sure it looks great

well here is the tryal fit, tyres are 165/80/15, not sure what to do, i think i'll run them for a bit, need to et a lower profile tyre for the front first though! any sugestions?

DSC00037.jpg

175 50 15 or 175 55 15 and another good whack with the magic lowering stick. then somehow make a way of fitting some dome porsche caps (intended for wide fives) that ant is running. that should sort out any hub nut clearance issues. it would certainly look different :D . does it stop well?

yeah i was thinking if i coul get nipple hub caps on.

stops shit dude! still running the drums, they are on there with adaptors!

not long now though, just gotta sort out a few more parts.

Just started a mock up of these hubs, and it appears these hubs have a larger bearing than the bay stub axle :( A bit annoying.I'm just looking at your photos which appear to hang slightly. Did you find this?

Cheers Leon.

i just used the bay bearing it didt really fit, i have the Part numbers for the correct bearings, did you manage to get the caliper and disk on ?

what size disk have you got?

No, i fell at the first hurdle! Went to replace the bearings, only to find they are totally different sizes.

The disks are 11"

I think its just the pre 86 hubs that fit.

My 944 hubs and bearing ft nicely on the early spindles I have...............or at least I think they do :oops: ..hmmm must check

If they do then i'm very interested in them!

here are the PN for the bearings;

Inner bearing LM67048/LM67010
Outer Bearing LM11949/LM11910

Any one know where I can order them, using the Porsche part number without going to Porsche?

This is the disk I am going to order, my parts list tells me it should be 282mmx20.5, this seams to fit the bill.

https://sslrelay.com/buypartsby.co.uk/ebc-brakes/ebc-discs-display.php?recordID=7300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am also going to order braided brake lines, I screwed a Porsche brake line in to a camper slave cilinder last night, it seemed to fit fine, so I will order the camper braided lines and hope that they are long enough.

this conversion is not quick or easy, but it does give me something to do on my lunch our every day!!!

LOL just been to collect my new Green Stuff pads ready for the front disks, seems they also fit a Lamborghini Diabalo lol I'm guessing its a helper brake of some kind.
DSC00035.jpg

wheels now fitted with 195/50/15 ET 53 on the front, and fit lovely
DSC00037-1.jpg

the same cant be said for teh 195/65/15s on the back, its a bit tight, and that at standard susspension height!
DSC00036.jpg

Well done matey! Have you tried them out yet?

Unfortunately not! I'm still waiting on my braided lines, and got carried away with lowering it so didn’t get chance to swap the servo!

My rear disks should be here on the weekend, so I'm hoping to get them all done at the same time.

I want it on the road for Bristol Volksfest, so cutting it nice and fine :)

Latest posts