Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Thats the 'midland massive' the 'Friday to Monday ferry posse' and the 'UK cruise'
Its all getting very confusing. So who is booking with who? Meeting who, travelling over with who? Where? and when?9 :lol:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Also booked.
At bloody last, new laptop nearly went through the window! Get to the 'confirm booking' bit and the page/site just stopped working. I gave up after starting from scratch 5 times and hitting refresh more times than I can remember.
Ended up phoning through so that added a fiver booking fee. I'd like to be on that rate, the call took less than 8 minutes, that equates to £37.50 an hour.......
Still, at least it's booked :D

Booked :rocknroll: :popcorn: :bliss: :party0009: :party0053: :party0023: :worship: :party0049: :party0046: :beerchug: :fighting0040: :innocent0006: :party0006:

Man this is gunna be amazing I cant wait already got a fair bit of work todo on the interior an just seals

Rob

Hi all

Not posted up till now but been watching, is this the right info for the ferry:

Dover - Dunkirk : DFDS Seaways

Dover
Depart: Fri 08 Mar @ 14:00
Dunkirk
Arrive: Fri 08 Mar @ 17:00
02h 00m

Dunkirk
Depart: Mon 11 Mar @ 12:01
Dover
Arrive: Mon 11 Mar @ 13:00
01h 59m

£64.00

Next question is around booking the camp sites. Whats everyone doing for that.

And finally the 'dumb' question, do you just fall over in your bus on the Saturday night?

Me and the misses fancy it but think it would be to much for the kids (6 and 4)

thanks Karl

Karl

Yes thats the baby

Personally I dont think its a kids events, lots of sitting around drinking beer, a night in the pub and then Sunday wandered the streets looking at all the aircooled you wish you owned :lol: :lol:

....and yes Saturday is fall into your bus and sleep, last year we parked on the side of the road,, there are hotels but they get full very quickly

Its great that we're all finally booking the ferry crossing, but would we not save money if we booked as a group, Rather than individually? Not had many ferry dealings so unsure if Thats possible?

Foz said:
Its great that we're all finally booking the ferry crossing, but would we not save money if we booked as a group, Rather than individually? Not had many ferry dealings so unsure if Thats possible?

Hi Steve
TBH not sure its possible when prices are already cheap and you need to get people to commit in advance so you know numbers before they'll even talk to you, getting people to do that is hard.

Graham L said:
Personally I dont think its a kids events, lots of sitting around drinking beer, a night in the pub and then Sunday wandered the streets looking at all the aircooled you wish you owned

Yeah, it's a long long drive and a rowdy night on the ale ... not great for kids :)

Okay, so Friday night Saturday night and Sunday night. One night I can handle but my mate is going to come with me, the wife and kids most definately at home.

My mate loves Jack Daniels who doesn't but this combined with beer, fried chicken and kebabs and the inside of my bus will be rank come the next morning. I think I'm just going to go for the early Saturday ferry and late Sunday, I'll try and chase down the cruise pack.

Des

5erge said:
Okay, so Friday night Saturday night and Sunday night. One night I can handle but my mate is going to come with me, the wife and kids most definately at home.

My mate loves Jack Daniels who doesn't but this combined with beer, fried chicken and kebabs and the inside of my bus will be rank come the next morning. I think I'm just going to go for the early Saturday ferry and late Sunday, I'll try and chase down the cruise pack.

Des

No problems Des, the Cruise usually leaves the services at Calais as soon as you get off the train around 9am local time,

TOP TIP (based on experience)
you just need to make sure that as you come off the train and up the ramp you turn right as that way you get to the services which are on the left hand side of the road, its more of a petrol station with a small car park. if you turn left at the top of the ramp it puts you straight onto the main road and you miss the services out!!, its great stood in the services watching them all sale by realising they missed it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its bizarre that every crossing is the same price of £52 :evil:

They usually vary according to time.

And even more weird that it was £32 each way a day or so ago. That's one hell of a price increase, might be worth giving them a ring?
Not checked today, but the chunnel was £113 the other day, makes the ferry look very expensive. :shock:

Latest posts