Project Olive

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup you can on mine anyway! took me the best part of a day including steering wheel plus lots of bagging up random nuts and bolts, and labeling everything, sanding down and masking off. (i do as much as i can to keep cost down at paint).

Just cant wait to get it all back from em now! :roll:

just got a pick sent to me of the clock surround, the white insides were a gamble but are looking like a nice detail.

I took a peak of the dash the other day too, looks super clean in green! can wait to fit it all up, I have the front part in white with the vents in green too and it looks awesome!

Photo-0031.jpg

Enjoying following your thread, looking good.

I was wondering if you had a close up picture of the upper steering column bearing? As I need to do mine and want to see how it looks/where it goes.

31122008105.jpg

Cheers
Gareth

Had a bit of a nightmare this weekend :x

Got all the parts back from the spray shop and offered up the dash only to find i had been sold a late and not early dash. My own stupid fault as i should of checked but it is very frustrating when i had ordered the correct part and the only main difference is the cut out for the ignition housing... as in there aint one! to be fair the main man at C&C was very apologetic and gave me my money back plus let me keep the dash as i had blown a few hundred on all the paint so he wasn't getting it back!

so BE WARNED! if you buy a new dash for your bus it's probably gonna need modifying before you paint it. So i know need to cut a hole in it :cry:

I'm hoping i can do it with minimal damage to the paint was thinking of using a dremmel with a cutting disc? anyone had any experience with these?

On a positive i had a sneek peak at my seats the other day and i also have the custom headlining and led lights in place and it looks awesome!
image001.jpg

Dubfreeze was also cool but totally rammed! ordered new outer window scrapers from Status bargain at £25 also got a alloy handbrake from the lads at MJC i think they are called.

Plus picked up my bulkhead covers from Scott (cheers mate) took some cleaning mind! about 40 years of dust on em but they came up rather nice me thinks.

The ice in the bus has started to get a touch out of control... 14 individual speakers making up the sounds this includes 4x6" woofers 4x3" mids and 4x3" tweaters. Plus two subs and two amps :shock:

The mrs aint happy and the unit under the R&R is starting to look like swiss cheese :twisted:

Got loads of photies so will post em up when i can.

Dirty Harry said:
What's your tyre size, no rubbing on the front?
Very nice van 8)
:oops: Cant remember sorry, my heads like a sieve! but no i dont get any rubbing :lol:

it's bottomed out a few times on potholes but i'm fairly good at dodging them :evil:

Right then, more pics!

Main dash
28022009133.jpg

28022009134.jpg

28022009135.jpg

Top part with green air vents
28022009147.jpg

28022009148.jpg

Our new RR Bed Base covered and speakers put in :shock:
28022009136.jpg

28022009137.jpg

28022009138.jpg

28022009139.jpg

New headlining made by me and the mrs, simple ply covered with the same carpet as the RR base and furniture...looks the biz : :tongue0022:
28022009142.jpg

28022009141.jpg

Black trim from woolies finishes it off
28022009145.jpg

LED Lights installed and working
28022009143.jpg

28022009146.jpg

Tomorrow is install day with hopefully the dash etc going in and maybe even steering wheel back on and fire her up...seems like ages!!!

More pics tomorrow if all goes well, if not it may well be on fire on the driveway :2gunsfiring_v1:

ground hugger said:
That headlining looks very nice,what did you use around the edges if you don't mind me asking
cheers....Dave

Thanks Dave, the edges of the ply fit into a runner that is welded in and i could just about fit it in with the carpet glued on the edge trim that covers the pop top hole is from here http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a fairly successful day today, got all the lights wired up and the dash is roughly in.
01032009154.jpg

Ignition housing etc looks nice in white, was bricking it when fitting though, all went on fine just need some new screws as they are totally knackered so couldn't do them up tight enough.
01032009155.jpg

My ejector seat switch was fitted for the next time the mrs gives me grief :D
01032009156.jpg

Latest posts