Project Olive

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been far to long since i updated this so here goes...it's nearly finished!...are they ever finished? ;)

DSC_0515.jpg

croyde1.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

thanks for all the comments guys, interiors are very hit and miss and i was pretty clear on what i wanted but it always develops as you go. I'm pretty chuffed at the results though.

I have some wheels going on soon plus a few other bits and bobs.

The paint job is ok, it's not perfect in my eyes although it attracts quite a crowd when ever we pull up!

the sounds are... awesome! i haven't cranked it right up yet but the bass is really smooth with the two 8" subs.

that is absoloutley stunning dude, love the interior, love the colour, and the gearstick is top dog :)

should pick up a few trophies.

might get mine in shiny paint now hehe

pinheaduk said:
that is absoloutley stunning dude, love the interior, love the colour, and the gearstick is top dog :)

should pick up a few trophies.

might get mine in shiny paint now hehe

Thanks pinhead...keep yours matt dude, it kicks ass.

I've never entered a show & shine and I'm reluctant to enter it tbh, people are always creaming their knickers over 30k split screens to notice the hard work of anything else it seems. Plus i've seen how some folk treat a bus when it's on display and I think i would end up knocking someone out for dragging their backpack down me sliding door or letting their kid bounce around on the seats.

what was quite funny is at brean last week some guy was in a similar frame of mind as me, parked up, walked off and his mates let the handbrake off and pushed it into the show and shine... bloke went spare! :lol:

Looking top notch love the entire van, interior looks A1, hope you don't mind me asking who did the trimming?

Also no offence and I may be wrong but not sure about the fuel filter in the engine bay? Check as I think it could be prone to heat attack, mine has a metal pipe in there and the FF out towards the front of the bus

71Dormobile said:
Looking top notch love the entire van, interior looks A1, hope you don't mind me asking who did the trimming?

Also no offence and I may be wrong but not sure about the fuel filter in the engine bay? Check as I think it could be prone to heat attack, mine has a metal pipe in there and the FF out towards the front of the bus

Hi mate, bromsgrove did it. yeah i know the fuel filter isnt ideal, it's fine and doesn't get hot at all.

If it wasn't there from the start i wouldn't have one at all, but it was and when you see how much shit it catches in it just haven't the heart to remove it.

I plan to work on the engine bay next, you say yours is mounted at the front of the bus? i would be interested to see exactly where this is.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Tiki-Al said:
71Dormobile said:

Hi mate, bromsgrove did it. yeah i know the fuel filter isnt ideal, it's fine and doesn't get hot at all.

If it wasn't there from the start i wouldn't have one at all, but it was and when you see how much shit it catches in it just haven't the heart to remove it.

I plan to work on the engine bay next, you say yours is mounted at the front of the bus? i would be interested to see exactly where this is.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Filter could go above the gearbox and out of the engine bay itself, get rid of the rubber hose also and have a metal fuel line, advice around on the tech thread......

Nice Bus Fella :mrgreen:

I'm particularly in love with your cab,

Nice shifter, steering wheel and over shiney good bits :mrgreen:

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

I have a few more mods planned! Managed to get hold on a olive green skim board that i'm going to make an interior table out of this weekend it the frickin weather perks up.

Will post some pics up, really looking forward to the summer in this! praying for a good summer. 8)

posted these in a wheel thread but though i would put em in my project thread too.
olive_razor3.jpg

olive_razor2.jpg

olive_razor1.jpg

At trax this year on the vibe audio stand, could of sold the burgers we cooked for a fiver each! :mrgreen: people were so shocked to see an aircooled bus at a performance show it drew a huge crowd...i was quite scared!
6816_136113302580_702787580_3054529.jpg

6816_136113307580_702787580_3054530.jpg

Our wedding at the end of last year!
10629_288193865351_698305351_902567.jpg

Al

great job you done there fella 8) Love all the small details!

One thing you may want to get to finnish the roof off is the black trim that goes round the fixed roof section, i didnt know that it existed till last week but looks 'finished' when fitted.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Just

Latest posts