rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunroof fits fine, so that's come back in the garage now. Thanks thru_a_lupe for the pics. :D
Took the roof braces off the donor roof and got them on at the front and back of the opening today.
Think I may have been a bit enthusiastic with the plasma cutter though.... :lol:

Roof's now ready to repair all the perspex coachbolts, even found some original paint under the many layers of later colours.

:D

Had a game of "chase the solid metal" today...

Found some in the end though. :)

Nice three piece window repair panel from JK, decent metal, and slightly oversize, just needed trimming around cover mounts. One of their new range produced next door. :)
Got the holes in the roof welded up and the braces secured as well. :)

Bit more grinding and filling, a coat of paint and then the window man, he come. :D

Well the best laid plans never come to fruition do they.....?

Planned to take tomorrow off work to get the bus ready for VanWest next weekend.
Get the window openings painted up and the glass and new rubbers installed, get a coat of paint on the roof and the sunroof fitted and watertight.
Well, the primer that was on order hasn't turned up, so no painting done....
Rang Paris Sunroofs to see where the few bits I ordered for the roof last Thursday were.
"Oh, I'll put them in the post this afternoon."
:evil:

Postponed the window man until next week, and attacked the cab roof with frustration and some 80 grit,

God, I hate red oxide primer...

Just waiting for the primer now.

Well the primer turned up today, and so did the rain.

Only one thing for it, out comes the gazebo with 4 missing poles. Hmmm, a bit smaller than I thought. :lol:

Not quite the ideal weather conditions for painting, but needs must if the bus is to be ready for VanWest. Looks like I better join the beige thread. ;)

A couple of coats of paint round the roof hole and on with the aluminium trims and the sunroof.
Needs the rest of the poppers fitting, but doesn't look too bad for being fitted under a floppy gazebo.

Just need to finish the paint around the window apertures next week, get the window man in, and off to VanWest. :D

Keep up the good work mate and I to was thinkng about a Paris sunroof

Latest posts