rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was spent mostly removing gaffer tape from around the rear hatch and roof/gutters ready for surgery to commence. I must have forgotten how bad it really is.....

:lol:

And then scraping the grey high build primer (I hate grey high build primer) off the roof to reveal the og light grey paint. Well that's what happened for about 4" behind the sunroof until I discovered another coat of red oxide primer.

Have I told you how much I hate red oxide primer.....

Damn shame about your roof gutters :evil:

What's your plans for them??

sparkywig said:
gninnam said:
Damn shame about your roof gutters :evil:

What's your plans for them??

Watch this space......

...but don't hold your breath. :lol:

Thank god for that - my lungs were starting to ache :p

sparkywig said:
Bit of a thaw today...

Continuing on from the previous post, I've been sat in the bus this afternoon thinking about things, and have come to the conclusion that using the redundant heater vent to pipe the fresh air in without cutting another hole in the floor/bulkhead is the way to go. I'll block up one side of the heater tube Y piece under the floor and block the other inlet that the corrugated pipes connect on to. Heat exchangers will be next to go when I get some J tubes.
All I've got to do is find someone open to sell me 60mm flexible duct....

Anyway, after this bit of brain storming I started to fit some 25mm celotex insulation to the roof to keep some of the new-found heat in.
No pics as I can't remember where I left my phone. :lol:

are you still after 60mm flexible duct?

Well, the day did start dry and bright.

As you can see, the back end is mostly filler,

with a bit of mdf,

oh, and another piece of mdf and some more foam,

the pile's getting bigger,

and then it started to rain, the blue sheets from B&Q were about as effective as a net,

oh look, a plaster lathe and more filler and foam.... :lol:

Don't like the look of that so far :(

It always surprises me what PO's do to keep the van on the road - first minor accident and the van would just disintegrate!! :shock:

Brilliant work there dude 8)

How long did that little lot take to get looking like that :shock:

Thanks mate, started prepping yesterday and cutting the old shite off.
Started about 8.30 this morning trimming the cut down and adjusting the fit, and laid a coat of primer on at 4ish this afternoon.

Had to replace this as well, drove to my mate's yard yesterday along 8 miles of motorway and town traffic on idle after the hinge snapped......

:oops: :lol:

sparkywig said:
New mini project...

004.jpg

...really ought to finish the other project first though.
Thanks David. :D

Looks like a trailer not a mini :lol: :party0009:

Latest posts