rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving along nicely 8)

Are you sure that the best idea is to dump the HX?
What happens if the Propex fails whilst you are out and about and it is not very warm (most days in the UK!!) - if you have you HX then you might get some heat in the van??

Just a though ;)

Looks like a real neat Propex install...

Just re the routing of Hot air to the front cab, our Eberspacher BN2 didn't have enough power to push it through sufficiently to make much of a difference. Intact the HX worked better for that job.

After wasting a reasonable amount of time, I reinstated the HX's and used the Eber for heating the cargo area alone.

That said, I'm not sure what power or type your Propex is against the BN2.

Looks tidy though.

8) Hey SparkyW,
Dude, what an ace thread you created here - Been reading it for the last 2 weeks and your time and effort that you have put into your Bay is outstanding and also the quality of your posts on EBF. I've just got my first VW - A 68 Kombi from Sweden. Luckily his body and mechanicals are sound and do not need attending to. His insides however are a blank canvas and I'm avidly following your interior install to help me with mine. Really looking forward to your next set of posts.
Can I ask where you got your Z-bed hinges from as I would like to retain my bench seat in the rear. Keep it up man :mrgreen: :party0046:

Wow!

Having only had my Dormobile for a year and every time I look at it I see more holes, I am both seriously impressed and seriously scared by your thread!

I have never attempted welding before though, and rattlecans and driveway are pretty much my only options, so nice to see that you can do so much this way.

If you ever fancy doing it all again...... :lol:

Great stuff.
Dave

:bliss:

At last, rear springplates on. Feel like sh*te though after spending a long day down the yard.

Can't go lower without tubbing now, but drives really well, but the only trouble I have is with speedbumps and kerbs unlike the one in the background....

:lol:

Did a couple of other jobs that need doing while it was up in the air, n/s outer cv boot, n/s rear brake pipe (a casualty of removing the hub :oops: ) and secured the throttle linkage with split pins to stop it escaping again.

On with the welding next. :D

Hello Just, probably going for a full camping interior as the bus will be used all year round now we've sold the caravan. :)
Can't decide whether to go down the Devon route, get a Westy interior, or even find a Dormobile roof and take it back to original.

Cool mate,

Thats a good ideal about re-creating a Dormy once more!...........ill have a spare cooker soon to get the ball rolling .....

Just

Go for it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-T2-Bay-Dormobile-Full-Interior-including-all-seats-/190491598065?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5a2f1cf1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just

Looking very good with the stance 8)

Go for the Dormy - best interior and roof if you ask me (not that I'm biased :lol: ) ;)

(Had to type it twice as I went to my nephew's christening today and found out that I was one of the God parents (didn't even no until they asked me to get to the front) so I have had a few to many Jim Beam's :shock: :lol: )

Still feel like sh*te, so only had a small play today.

These "rare" sunvisors arrived in the week

so a scrub with a bit of Jif, overnight warm in the airing cupboard and in their new home today...

:D

Now, anybody got a couple of short lengths of Westy J trim going spare so I can fit the ply headlining in the cab? ;)

Cant promise anything at the moment but i might soon have the full length J trim (4 complete lengths) going
It will be a couple of weeks though before i work out waht i need

hi mate, your bus is looking just about the height i'd like to get. Are those the 4 inch drop spring plates?? any danger of having to notch the chassis with them? I assume you got to get new shocks to.

Oh and another vote for the dormy roof, i'm not biased either!

Each time I open this thread I'm impressed with the work you do on the bus and how it looks. Keep up the good word, I'm sure the interior will turn out great! 8)

I've forgotten how good it is to hold an angle grinder. :lol:
Prepping the rear body cut ready for transplant.
I f*cking hate red oxide primer....

Not quite as rust free as I hoped, there's a few holes in the n/s gutter and corner of the roof under all the different layers of paint. So a slightly different plan of attack has been formed.

p.s. mind your fingers if moving the hinges without the cargo door attached, they move very suddenly......

Latest posts