rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, forgot all about my parcel from the States that arrived on Thursday.

A253U.jpg

fAlQU.jpg

Need a clean, but not bad for $73 delivered, perhaps I'll have 4 wheel braking at some point in the near future....

:lol: :D

Had a multi-tasking day today between the torrential downpours....
Cleaned and painted rear brake back plates.

HbCeY.jpg

And finally got me finger out and made a start on the trailer. Almost as many coats of paint as the bus had...

iUqGX.jpg

71pgN.jpg

FcTou.jpg

All ready for a bit of rust prevention and a coat of paint, just need to fit a tow bar to the bus now. :lol:

Had a new member of the Saturday Club this morning.

wsPcV.jpg

On with the tow bar, piece of piss to fit.
OK, I'm lying there...
After a bit of cutting and welding we got to this stage, but as you can see it's too low and would create a groove in the tarmac. :lol:
QMosY.jpg

A bit more modification and it now looks like this.

Kjx7Q.jpg

qD9xZ.jpg

I1Siy.jpg

E08CM.jpg

Need to take it all off again for a bit of paint before refitting the bumper.

:D

It's absolutely pissed down all day here, so I braved the rain and removed the tow bar ready for a coat of paint.
After a good wire brushing and rust treatment it's now ready for a coat of Rustoleum primer along with the trailer frame.

vnOGh.jpg

rWxyT.jpg

:)

Jealous of your back plates, need to do the same to sort out my eternally appalling handbrake :evil: . It only ever works for about a week after the MOT.

Hi sparky, great job, if you need some new studs for your trailer my old company can supply them for you . Let em know if you need any and I'll pm you there number.
Let me know about your spindles once you have fitted them.

Tow bar on between the heavy showers. It's a bit overkill really and obstructs the area in front of the valance where the Vintage Speed exhaust will be fitted, so is a temporary solution until I can make one up that does away with the bumper brackets as well.

l7hmI.jpg

ZQjfH.jpg

Latest posts