rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link pins have arrived, along with Alex's new t-shirts and some stickers.

YfrOI.jpg

FPYO4.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't take much to make me happy. :D

I started assembling the king and link pin beam today ready to fit as a unit when I drop the old balljoint beam out.

pI0gN.jpg

Did a dry run without torsion leaves to make sure that the track rods were the right length, turns out they're not, been shortened for a narrowed beam. As it happens I had a spare, so I'll need to drop the other one off the bj beam and replace one end with a split track rod end.

n4RHa.jpg

Got a couple of questions posted in "tech".

After fitting dust seals, trailing arms back in.

TxNq9.jpg

DygUo.jpg

seBCP.jpg

Gave up trying to fit link pins with no instructions, shims are sorted, but how do all the seals and other bits fit?
Looks like I'll need to ream the spindles to get the bearings to fit as well..... :|

It's starting to get on my tits now Just, can't find fitting instructions or pictures anywhere. I think this might be put away for a while so I can get the trailer finished ready for next week's camping trip.
Bit fed up that the beam and brakes won't be done for Bristol though.
Talking of the trailer, do you have any 7 core flex handy?

sparkywig said:
It's starting to get on my tits now Just, can't find fitting instructions or pictures anywhere. I think this might be put away for a while so I can get the trailer finished ready for next week's camping trip.
Talking of the trailer, do you have any 7 core flex handy?

Re Cable. Im sure I have somewhere, 2/3 metres?

Re Bristol if you need a hand let me know Thurs evening im gonna have the Friday off.

sparkywig said:
Just bring it all to Bristol - I'm sure you'll get a tonne of help from the splitty lot 8)

Anyway, back to the trailer.

Have you ever started something that didn't turn out the way you wanted, but carried on regardless?
Looks OK in the picture, but really sh*te when you're stood in front of it....

YGL5W.jpg

I've decided the trailer will not be matching the bus for the moment.

i2Vha.jpg

Latest posts