rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for a plate I got Rod @ engravatec to knock me up a 'show' plate the other week... Let me know and I'll sort one for you

:bliss:

Bearing shells pressed in,

13vSk.jpg

link pins, shims and spindles fitted.

YE1Ww.jpg

D6Zcr.jpg

rSz5Y.jpg

Futbus disc brake hub and carrier on (tell you what, the beam is really, really heavy now.... :lol: ),

Njk1B.jpg

npOWT.jpg

and I'm driving the bus on a glorious sunny day.

GnZNX.jpg

:mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
:lol:

Sainsburys actually, I can't get into Tesco's car park because of the new speed ramps.

S'ok, reckon theirs tastes better anyway :D
Beam lookin good, you're filling my head with bad thoughts. Like really shoulda gone K&L from the start. Now have adjusters in, keep catching them on things :roll:

Had a trip to Lakeland Camping at Llangorse for the Jubilee, just a few pictures from the weekend.

The view towards Pen-Y-Fan.

sWICY.jpg

Orchard field camp.

cjGJ2.jpg

nU2AY.jpg

toP9K.jpg

Home sweet home...

vorIM.jpg

Z2Lh9.jpg

RAhkO.jpg

View towards Mynydd Troed.

Yjsq2.jpg

Saturday's breakfast

TvEUM.jpg

Some cakes provided for the "street party", and very nice they were too.

so6qM.jpg

"street party"

Yes, that is me necking a cold one at the back.... :lol:

1SWrs.jpg

A very rare family shot

2VnJ4.jpg

Sunday's roast before, no after pictures as it was dark and used 2 1/2 cobblestones......

RLSPg.jpg

We had our own flotilla thanks to a friend's awning.

2Hg6C.jpg

See, the sun does shine in Wales.....

7Sbte.jpg

The Jubilee beacon being lit on the summit of Mynydd Troed.

ljbHo.jpg

All packed up ready for the trip home....

eWTjY.jpg

Bit of a set back on the beam front, had trouble fitting the callipers and wheels on a dry run. Looks like one of the calliper carriers is twisted and the other is for a 15" set-up. So they've had to come off and be sent back to Dave at Futbus.
Running out of time to get it fitted for Camper Jam now.

:(

Nothing's ever straightforward or fits first time these days......

:roll:

Had a cracking weekend at Bristol Volksfest after a wet and very windy start though.

oEHYQ.jpg

VGHAY.jpg

So9tl.jpg

JBGWf.jpg

6ntbV.jpg

7Qzon.jpg

rNZjt.jpg

:evil:

The beam's sitting in the back of the bus as I'm still waiting for the correct calliper mounts to arrive.....

So today I mostly checked the oil and points, and adjusted the fan belt. Then I noticed that the inner front valance was starting to rust already, especially where it joins the outer, so attacked it with a wire brush and copious amounts of rust converter. Thanks for 4 poster ramps. :D
Although the primer was applied whilst lying on my back with the front of the bus on axle stands on the drive in the rain. :lol:

IumtZ.jpg

QVGsU.jpg

It's amazing what shows up with the camera flash that you can't see in semi-darkness with your nose almost touching the chassis legs. :lol:

I think it may be age (or lack of alcohol in system), but I'm strangely attracted to the new purchase down the yard......

8j1sy.jpg

:scared0016:

....and I've also found the reason why the bus got louder on the trip back up the motorway. :lol:

wtaAC.jpg

I keep coming back to your thread for more Sparky and I'm never disappointed.
It's non-bloody-stop camper improvement. I love it. :)

Latest posts